MIDI Drum files have weird timing issues in X1

Author
spudler_t
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 39
2011/02/08 03:42:25 (permalink)

MIDI Drum files have weird timing issues in X1

Ok I just started using X1 essential after days of having issues on how to use EZdrummer and import my MIDI files I have.
I had no issues at all using Sonar HS7. I finally think I have it figured out how to open Ezdrummer but when I play any of the MIDI files I have used the timing is all messed up and the kick drum is not in time  and so on.
any Idea of what is going on here?
Any Tutorials of how to use X1 like I did HS7 with MIDI files and EZdrummer would be great as I have noticed when following the tutorials I am either unable to do as Tutorial says or I am missing Project Templates.
This is quite frustrating as I was expecting to get something that was to be easier and much superior product but so far I have been very dissapointed and unable to do anything with it.

4 Replies Related Threads

spudler_t
    Re:MIDI Drum files have weird timing issues in X1 2011/02/08 03:50:25 (permalink)
    ok check this out I opened one of my finished MIDI tracks I had made using Sonar HS7, EZDrummer and when I play it using Sonar X1 it has the same issues the drums are all sorts of out of sync as far as timing.
    It sounds as if I am actually trying to play the drums as I have about the same ability as it is sounding.
    There must be something I have enabled that was not in HS7 that is doing something to the timing of the track any Ideas as I am totally lost here.
    spudler_t
    Re:MIDI Drum files have weird timing issues in X1 2011/04/06 07:08:10 (permalink)
    Ok still having Issues with MIDI tracks played through X1. if I play the MIDI files through the Soft Synth EZDrummer only it plays perfectly if I then take the same File and load it on a track and attempt to play it back it acts like the timing is off, As in the bass drum and snare are either being echo'd at a bit of delay and played over top the original file or some how X1 is assigning individual tempo's per instrument #. Is there something I am missing between Sonar Home Studio 7 and X1 Pertaining to MIDI Files and Soft Synth Timing that would be causing this issue, I have no problems playing the files using Home Studio 7 and EZDrummer only problems I seem to have is when I try to use X1, Which is quite frustrating as I upgraded to X1 so I would have better quality recordings and more options for effects etc. I was actually real happy with HS7. I really need to figure this out as I cannot use X1 with this issue and spent quite a bit of $$ I could of used for other items.
    post edited by spudler_t - 2011/04/06 07:20:33
    relpomiraculous
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 525
    Re:MIDI Drum files have weird timing issues in X1 2011/08/26 09:16:58 (permalink)
    Hello. _______I was wondering if you solved this problem. _______I can confirm that is is real, and here is what I have discovered do far: _______In X1c running in Win7 64 bit I do not have this problem. _______In X1c running in WinXP 32 bit I have this problem in spades. _______Anyone else? _______Now to figure out why XP is causing this...which is not going to be fun.

Sonar X2 64 bit - Win 7 Pro 64 bit - Intel Core i7 870 - 8 gigs of ram - HP 3130 desktop
    relpomiraculous
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 525
    Re:MIDI Drum files have weird timing issues in X1 2011/08/27 13:41:43 (permalink)
    I solved the problem, in case you ever read this. The problem was with the Soundblaster Audigy Platinum card I have installed and was using on this particular computer. I installed my old Roland UA-100 and use it in ASIO mode and the midi all plays perfectly now. All of it, including the Prosonic drum patterns. So once again Soundblaster, a non professional audio card, is the culprit. Hope your situation got resolved.

Sonar X2 64 bit - Win 7 Pro 64 bit - Intel Core i7 870 - 8 gigs of ram - HP 3130 desktop
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1