MIDI Groove Clips

Author
deadtolove
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2008/05/28 05:31:23 (permalink)

MIDI Groove Clips

Okay so in the loop exploer view I click on a MIDI Groove clip that I want to preview and then click on the play button and, nothing nadda. I can preview my audio groove clips this way, but not my MIDI groove clips.

I had heard that I needed to assign an instrument to play the clips, pretty much the same way you have to assign an instument to play the MIDI clips in Project 5. But for the life of me I can not figure out how. I've been thru my manual, and the Sonar 7 Power manual, and cant find anything specificly telling me how to assign an instrument (like SD2) to play back the clips.

I can drag and drop them into a track and hear them, and that's all great and well, but it makes for alot of undo'ing.

3 Replies Related Threads

Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    RE: MIDI Groove Clips 2008/05/28 05:58:11 (permalink)
    Hi Skot-

The Loop Explorer only works for audio clips. Many folks here are using EZplayer (free) or Ezplayer Pro (not free) from Toontrack to audition MIDI clips. More info is available here.

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: MIDI Groove Clips 2008/05/28 06:20:05 (permalink)
    I went to the website for that program. I didn't really understand what it does or why I need it, but I was so impressed with the information that I think I want it. Now I understand what it does. Thanks!

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    deadtolove
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 25
    RE: MIDI Groove Clips 2008/05/28 08:20:51 (permalink)
    Okay so I went and download the ezplayer but I can't get it do do anything either. Should Sesion Drummer 2 be able to play MIDI groove clips? Is this too far of a stretch? What's the point of including MIDI groove clips with sonar and even give me a play button in the loop explorer, if I have to install another program to use them? How does the guy in that cakewalk video on Youtube do it? Being able to use the MIDI Groove clips to audition beats the way he did during the audiosnap video was cool, and honestly a large selling point. Now I get it and I can't seem to make it work like the video.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1