MIDI connector icon in DR-008, wazzit for?

Author
thndrsn
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 475
2006/11/13 13:15:10 (permalink)

MIDI connector icon in DR-008, wazzit for?

Hi, all:
I've got the updated DR-008 v 2.1 from FXpansion, which I use often enough for various tasks, and I notice this MIDI connector icon next to the padlock. Does anyone know what it is for? I can't find any mention of it in the version 111 pdf manual. It turns red and blue if I click on it after checking the "enable MIDI out" when I insert a VST instrument in SONAR 5 PE, so I assume it may have something to do with that, but I can't seem to detect what it might be doing differently when it's red or blue.

I also use the MusicLab Slicy Drummer with DR-008, and generally have to drag a pattern from that to a MIDI track to paste it in if I'm not triggering the DR-008 from a MIDI track constructed by hand in the piano roll or by recording using keyboard or drum pads.

I had thought that "enable MIDI out" would make it so that DR-008 would output the MIDI from Slicy Drummer into a MIDI track to be recorded, but I can't get that to happen.

Does anyone know what that MIDI icon is for? Does anyone know how I can accomplish what I'm talking about here?

Thanks in advance.

--thndrsn

Beethoven was right: the bigger the stream, the deeper the tone.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1