Helpful ReplyMIDI drum track recording problem

Author
.wavbender
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2018/02/01 22:35:08 (permalink)

MIDI drum track recording problem

Sonar Producer X3e MIDI track sees the contoller(Trapkat5KS) and responds to playing of all 20+ pads.
Arm track, hit record, play drumpads, look at screen and see the notes appear as one would expect.
The moment I hit pause or stop. . . it is just all gone as if I never played it.
note: I do not require a virtual instrument while playing live as I monitor the Trapkat's internal sounds.
I want to be able to save the midi track and decide later what sampler etc.
I have tried with and without drum maps(which i have never used before) and with and without a software drum sampler.
I use usb keyboard controllers and do not recall ever experiencing this issue.
The controller - all pads(all midi note numbers known) - transmit on channel 10(also tried omni) though I'm not necessarily playing or sending GM standard kit info, but so what, since I can see the midi data being recorded .. or what looks like it is being recorded - at least "played."
In truth, a dedicated  drum program may make what i want possible, and, in another DAW, Mixcraft8pro, the same setup does record a MIDI track, but, In Sonar X3e ....can't i just record and save a plain old midi drum track?
I must be missing something simple.

I've lurked for years and found many answers.
This is my first post. My sincere thanks to many others out there.
Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: MIDI drum track recording problem 2018/02/01 22:50:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2018/02/02 10:51:37
Follow these instructions. Part III covers recording from a keyboard or drum pads. 
http://www.cactusmusic.ca/Sonarmidi.htm

post edited by Cactus Music - 2018/02/02 00:21:15

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1