MODERATORS PLS - Moving Dim Pro and Rapture Files - How To Find Them Again???

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2010/11/19 12:21:59 (permalink)

MODERATORS PLS - Moving Dim Pro and Rapture Files - How To Find Them Again???

I have them all on a separate drive (drive E in a 5 drive system).  I seem to recall an edit to the registry that pointed them to the locations of the expansion and I tried editing the registry entry to point them to the stuff, but that did not work.

Is there a detailed tutorial on how to move the sample/patch libraries to a different disk and then get Dim Pro and Rap to find them?

By the way, this is not a F5 (or whatever that key is) issue.  

Thanks
post edited by space_cowboy - 2010/11/22 15:55:23

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

6 Replies Related Threads

space_cowboy
    Re:Reinstalled everything on my PC and now Rapture and Dim Pro cannot find all my expansio 2010/11/22 15:18:02 (permalink)
    Nobody?

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    LHousehold
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 163
    Re:Reinstalled everything on my PC and now Rapture and Dim Pro cannot find all my expansio 2010/11/22 15:52:49 (permalink)
    That's a tough one. Now, when arranging my Dim Pro expansions, I often get some things mixed up. For some reason there's a folder called multisamples, and then there's one called programs, and if you change any names in one, it does nothing, but if you do the other, sonar can no longer find the multisample (I can't remember which is which). And then, I had to go into the program data folder because apparently program files wasn't where I was supposed to look, and I found a similar folder and finally I could change the names displayed in the program finder without any trouble. My point is, there are a few folders like that, and you might be messing with the wrong one. Sorry for being so long winded.

Windows 7 64 bit
    Cakewalk Sonar X2 Producer
    Cakewalk A-500PRO MIDI controller

space_cowboy
    Re:Reinstalled everything on my PC and now Rapture and Dim Pro cannot find all my expansio 2010/11/22 15:54:09 (permalink)
    Thanks - I know I did this once before but that was a long time ago.  

AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Reinstalled everything on my PC and now Rapture and Dim Pro cannot find all my expansio 2010/11/22 16:08:08 (permalink)
    Hey Space,

Bob (techhead) just answered this on another thread - I haven't checked but it should work.

The multisamples can be relocated by moving them with Windows Explorer then updating a registry key with the new path.  The .progs can be relocated as well with another registry key, but the resource folders, skins, etc. have to go with it.  The following site has a collection of information about the Dimension family of synthesizers and may be helpful to you:

http://dimension.technetos.com/ 

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:MODERATORS PLS - Moving Dim Pro and Rapture Files - How To Find Them Again??? 2010/11/22 18:06:52 (permalink)
    Some information on the registry entries is at http://sonar.sonarama.com...Multisample_Relocation .  This will eventually be on the http://dimension.technetos.com/ web site but it isn't moved over yet.
    space_cowboy
    Re:MODERATORS PLS - Moving Dim Pro and Rapture Files - How To Find Them Again??? 2010/11/23 17:06:34 (permalink)
    Wow thanks guys.  Will try tonight.  

I had searched the forum for this.  I know people encountered it.  

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1