MOTU MIDI Express 128 - drivers not loading (one time out of 2) under Win 7 (64bit)

Author
lanstrad
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 313
2010/12/29 12:36:27 (permalink)

MOTU MIDI Express 128 - drivers not loading (one time out of 2) under Win 7 (64bit)

I just built a new PC and reconnected all same outboard gear, including my MOTU MIDI interface (Express 128) - I'm asking here as it is PITA to try to get support at MOTU directly - they won't even recognize me even though I had registered the product 2 years ago...

My interface won't load (my stats after 2 days are about 1/2 of times, but it may be more...). (I either know it through Device manager or because Sonar don't detect MIDI ports when launching).

I installed latest (2010) drivers, but when I first had this issue, I went back to their previous release (for Vista x64) that I also used under Windows 7 64bit without any problem until last week when my other PC died. 

Now, still under Win 7 Pro (64bit), Sonar 8.5.3 and X1.

Any clue ? (As one may know, with this interface, it won't do the trick just to ask the device manager to ''update this driver''...)

Thanks,
Rob

1 Reply Related Threads

MJames4208
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 97
    Re:MOTU MIDI Express 128 - drivers not loading (one time out of 2) under Win 7 (64bit) 2011/02/02 19:31:58 (permalink)
    my express 128 is pissing me off, as well!
    i hardly ever got stuck MIDI notes before i started using it.
    also, sometimes the MIDI inputs don't trigger the MIDI Outputs.. this is VERY irritating!
    it's not crashing my computer, but i have to close out my program and restart it just to finish something that i started. they should
    have implemented some type of reset button on this thing... this is crazy!

also, sometimes all 8 inputs light up and get stuck, which leaves the unit unusable.
    i'm only using the 1st 4 inputs; A-70 output 1 to input 1, Motif XS8 output 2 to input 2, MPC5k output A to input 3, MPC5k output B to input 4. when this thing crashes all 8 inputs light up and render the MIDI interface useless. if anyone know a better way i'd appreciate the help.... thanx in advance.

"I'm careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. For excellence I can strive for, but perfection is God's business."
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1