MSR colors: why so many color versions for the MSR button?

Author
mariogag
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
2018/06/04 12:20:03 (permalink)

MSR colors: why so many color versions for the MSR button?

In the tungsteen theme I don't really like what the did to the "aim record" button (the frog eye) so I went ahead with the theme editor to try to figure out how to change that button. 

Well I finally understood the "export" option so I was finally able to put back the original button shape in the theme.

Doing so I also found that there are different "color palettes" used for the MSR buttons. I don't get it. Onlyl one type of read, one type of green, one type of yellow should be used everything single time it is used in the interface.

OK, color is subjective. But wouldn't it be simpler to only have to focus on a single set of colors for the MSR buttons?

Mario

4 Replies Related Threads

tecknot
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 766
    Re: MSR colors: why so many color versions for the MSR button? 2018/06/04 22:06:58 (permalink)
    I agree with you.  It would be easier to have just one hue for each color when it comes to a simple color exchange in your graphics editor (rather than getting down to pixel by pixel exchange).  It could be that when the graphics were rendered to .png format (or bmp when applicable), that the color actually changed due to the blending of surrounding shading.  When I started editing a new theme, I just stripped out the original colors and then redid them.  However, I did use different colors in each button state simply to better differentiate each state.  I then used those colors as a template for the various button sizes, for instance.  That way the color states were consistent throughout expect for special buttons like record, solo, etc. 

Kind regards,

tecknot
    mariogag
    Re: MSR colors: why so many color versions for the MSR button? 2018/06/05 00:35:52 (permalink)
    ppffff a full time job!

I don't if it would just long to write but what do you meam by"stripped the colors"?

...I know what strip mean....but how do you strip a jnp/bmp image from it's color?

Mario
    tecknot
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 766
    Re: MSR colors: why so many color versions for the MSR button? 2018/06/05 18:28:39 (permalink)
    I use a "desaturate" tool in my graphics editor.  This will render colors as black and white.  In that format I can simply remove the gray hues (or not) and leave a black outline to work from.  If I leave the gray in I can easily change the color while using the variable shade  as a basis for color saturation (so I only change the gray area to color while leaving the black outlines for the bold color or an alternate color all together).

There is a free editor called GIMP here:  https://www.gimp.org/  Inkscape is a popular one too:  https://inkscape.org/en/  (excellent for accurate manipulation of objects).

Kind regards,

tecknot
    mariogag
    Re: MSR colors: why so many color versions for the MSR button? 2018/06/06 01:19:17 (permalink)
    Thanks,

Back from a trip to Paris so I made a few google searches and found this gimp tool to tweak my pictures.

I'll see if I can get as far as the Grey" step....(-:
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1