MUSIC CREATOR 2002

Author
RJJJ
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2004/01/24 23:37:14 (permalink)

MUSIC CREATOR 2002

A newbie here. "OLD SCHOOL"
I have a MC 2k, that came with PC Music Pack 2002, cable and all. Got it cheap, to get into CPU recording.

I can record live instruments, playback, edit, no problem.
Record using the internal midi (WITH PIANO ROLL ETC) and create songs, playback, edit, no problem.

The problem is, I'm trying to record midi drum tracks from a Alesis HR-16, then edit on track 10, as well as midi instrument tracks from an Alesis MMT-8,(a stand alone sequencer) and edit parts/ sounds. "TOLD U OLD SHCOOL"

What happens is all midi data is being recorded (to individual tracks, midi tracks assigned, drums on track 10, etc) and all of a sudden, MC shuts down with an error. The one time that the complete song did record, it is out of time(latency), instuments are not playing what was performed, even though inputs/outputs were matched(ex. Input Ch1, Output Ch1, ETC)

Midi In/OUT connections are correct. I tried running the Alesis setup with a Ensoniq ASR-10 and sending the midi signal from the "thru", but no change.

I have read the Help topics but they didn't help. Tried changing the buffer sizes, using the midi only templates, using the sample content songs and copying the parameters, to if if I missed something, everrything I could think of and/or was suggested in the help topics. I don't get it.

My CPU set is basic:
WIN XP
K7SEM SIS VID/SOUND/LAN 10/100
128MB PC-133 DIMM
WD 20.5GB ATA100 7200 HD
MPU-401 COMPATIBLE MIDI DRIVER
UNIMODEM HALF DUPLEX DRIVER
SiS 7018 AUDIO DRIVER
AUDIO CODECS

Do I need updated drivers? Do I need a different midi cable or box like a Midiman USB interface. What? Help!!!!

8 Replies Related Threads

Shifty Geezer
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 428
    RE: MUSIC CREATOR 2002 2004/01/25 04:22:32 (permalink)
    Don't know really. Have you successfully recorded MIDI from MIDI in, or just edited MIDI notes? That is, have you had any success recording MIDI data?

The delay and wrong notes when you did get a successful recording sounds just like I had on MC2003. In the end I had to *reinstall* my PC!!! It was obviously some bizarre untraceable mess-up in Windows2000 and only a clean install fixed it. If your OS has been long used then the likelihood of having such a problem is increased.

The only way to test this is to get yourself an old HD lying around (every home should have one! ), do a clean install, slap MC2002 on there and try recording. If it works you know you need a clean out your PC and start again

So...let me know if you've ever had MIDI working. You can also try contacting support. IF nothing else works, try a clean installation to see if that's the problem. It was a month before I actually got MC working!!

Shifty Geezer
    RJJJ
    RE: MUSIC CREATOR 2002 2004/01/26 23:34:32 (permalink)
    GEEZER,

I did record 8 tracks into MC, but they are not playing what was recorded. Not in tempo, not the assigned sounds. All 8 tracks are viewable.
    Shifty Geezer
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 428
    RE: MUSIC CREATOR 2002 2004/01/27 12:23:36 (permalink)
    You'll need to contact support for this one. They'll suggest you download the latest drivers (which you should do before contacting them) then suggest you try some settings. Then they'll go onto a clean install, and then a Thorough uninstall/reinstall. If none of that works, you'll need to try a clean install like I did. As I said, my problem was similar with notes being corrupted, and only a clean OS reinstall fixed it.

Shifty Geezer
    Taylor Hudspeth
    Re: RE: MUSIC CREATOR 2002 2017/05/03 20:08:26 (permalink)
    I was given these emails in hopes of finding answers since Cakewalk no long has phone in support for my software. I have the following equipment
    Dell p3 desktop with 100 gig hard drive and a 3.1 processor
    Cakewalk music creator 2002
    Windows XP with service pak 3
    M- Audio delta 1010 LT sound card
    Yamaha PSR 410 key board with midi in and midi out ports

My issue is when I install cakewalk everything works fine, but when I try to arm a midi track to record I get no signal in the midi transmit and receive icon in my tray. I can open a midi file in the sample content of cakewalk and it will play the song all day long but I can not record at all can some one give me the steps to correct this?

PLEASE RESPOND BACK TO

Thank you in advance

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: RE: MUSIC CREATOR 2002 2017/05/03 21:18:35 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    What Driver Mode (Options>Audio) are you using with the Delta? I believe MC 2002 predates ASIO support so you're stuck with MME (bad) or WDM (better). In any case, go to the M-Audio web site and grab the latest drivers for your computer's OS.
    Also under Options>MIDI, do you have the Delta selected as the in/out? When you play an existing MIDI file, does it play through your keyboard or the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth?
    Do you have the MIDI in plugged into the MIDI out and the out to in?
    Being new, you can't insert your email address, or any link yet.
    Where does one get a 15 year old program these days?

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: RE: MUSIC CREATOR 2002 2017/05/05 14:48:00 (permalink)
    57Gregy
    Where does one get a 15 year old program these days?

eBay ......2002 Music Creator.....and it claims to be complete/brand new in the box..... Varies from $10 to $50 depending on the listings...

Heck you can buy MC7 for $50 and have so much more included in the box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2...c45:g:KJEAAOSwc0FUq05B

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Taylor Hudspeth
    Re: RE: MUSIC CREATOR 2002 2017/05/06 23:27:46 (permalink)
    Hey Greg first off wanted to say thank you for your reply and I'm also form NC grew up in Charlotte:-)I was given this software almost 15 years ago :-) and well I decided to try to use it now. So can you please explain in dummy terms and how to find what you are talking about. I went to the m audio web site and down loaded the most current drivers for the delta 1010 LT and installed them but I still can not record any midi tracks. I have opened and inserted a new midi track and armed it still I see no response in the icon tray and it doesn't capture any data from my key board Any help you can give med would be really great
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: RE: MUSIC CREATOR 2002 2017/05/07 14:15:53 (permalink)
    Hopefully, 2002 isn't much different from 2003 and Home Studio, from which I got these images.
    First, click Options>Audio:

Make sure the Delta is selected as the audio and MIDI in/out, where I have Focusrite selected:

Under Audio, you will probably have to use WDM drivers instead of ASIO, since Cakewalk didn't add ASIO support until later. The Delta may support WDM, but I don't know. Under Assigned Instruments, you'll need to assign all the MIDI channels to General MIDI (GM) and channel 10 to GM Drums. Just click on a channel, then GM under 'Uses Channel' to assign them.
    To set up a track to record, you have to set the inputs and outputs of the tracks:

Where mine reads Focusrite, you should see the Delta. MIDI Omni input will probably work best with your PSR, it did with mine. For output, each MIDI track has to be on a different channel, or they'll make the same sounds. Then you select a patch, or instrument name for the PSR to play:

After you've made all these selections, you'll need to close and re-open the program for the changes to take effect. Make sure to click Yes if it asks you if you want to save the changes.You don't have to set a patch when recording, but you will for playback.
    Click the 'R' in the track pane, then the red Record button in the transport, play the keyboard. See what happens.
    That's about all I have for today; got to go to work.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1