Mac Dim Pro installer fails

Author
pjl
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 796
2010/07/16 01:08:50 (permalink)

Mac Dim Pro installer fails

I've just tried to install the Dim Pro update for Mac but, after I choose Pro (as opposed to LE) from the dialogue box I get a message saying Pro is not included, that it's a separate download.  I can't seem to find this other download, anyone know where it is?

Celebrate reason, sleep in on Sundays

4 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Mac Dim Pro installer fails 2010/07/16 09:04:14 (permalink)
    pjl

I've just tried to install the Dim Pro update for Mac but, after I choose Pro (as opposed to LE) from the dialogue box I get a message saying Pro is not included, that it's a separate download.  I can't seem to find this other download, anyone know where it is?

You have Dimension Pro 1.3 installed on your system before trying to patch 1.5?

pjl
    Re:Mac Dim Pro installer fails 2010/07/16 09:56:17 (permalink)
    chad

pjl

Yes, is that a problem?  I didn't see any mention of it in the Readme file.

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Mac Dim Pro installer fails 2010/07/16 10:42:42 (permalink)
    pjl

chad

pjl

Yes, is that a problem?  I didn't see any mention of it in the Readme file.

Nope.  That's a good thing.  1.3 is required for the 1.5 patch to be installed.  Just double checking.  You should contact Support with all of your system details:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Contact.aspx
    pjl
    Re:Mac Dim Pro installer fails - Solved (sort of) 2010/07/17 23:04:41 (permalink)
    Chad,

Thanks for your suggestions, I've found a satisfactory work around.  The problem was that I was trying to do a custom install and only update the AU plugin and not the VST, which I don't use.  For some reason, when I chose AU only the install failed saying that Dim Pro was not part of this installer and that a separate download was available.  However, when I chose the default, complete installation (AU and VST) both seemed to install without a problem.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1