Maiden Voyage of the USS Toaster

6.76 MB Mp3 Running Time - 4:55

post edited by Fisher - 2005/08/14 11:30:41

: |

2 Replies Related Threads

gugliel
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 449
    RE: Maiden Voyage of the USS Toaster 2005/08/14 06:05:21 (permalink)
    You are new here -- so don't know what kind of comments you are looking for, and don't know anything about your background. But I listened to some of the "toaster", and you get some good sounds. At 0:20, when the bells take over for the ?dulcimer? sound, seemed like a modification of the pattern might take advantage of the different sound better; just an idea. At 2:00, the new music didn't sound quite right coming after the earlier material, but that might improve with repeated listenings.

There is much more you could do with the mix, but don't know if you are interested in that aspect of recording yet. Keep at it!

www.soundclick.com/guglielmo
    Fisher
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Maiden Voyage of the USS Toaster 2005/08/14 11:24:50 (permalink)
    Thanks for the listen. I'm looking for ANY/ALL comments people have to give. Mixing is something I need to learn but know nothing about. On this particular piece, I actually hated the mix so terribly (the part you're talking about, the switch at 2:00, was so unsmooth as to render me very frustrated) that I went ahead and redid it. Not fun considering it's like 22 tracks. I could barely figure out where to start. This and the other songs I've posted here are all just old MIDIs I've had laying around for awhile (written with a much simpler program, hence the repetition of certain areas in the music) and I'm just kinda going through them trying to learn my way around SONAR. Next p I'm actually going to start writing for this program, so we'll see what happens. So anyhow, thanks for the comment and ANY help or suggestions are always welcome.

-Fish

SUMMARY: Remixed, updated link, new to Sonar, no good at mastering...

: |
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1