Make all Pro Channel modules resizable or flyout

Author
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
2015/03/08 16:12:47 (permalink)
4.7 (10)

Make all Pro Channel modules resizable or flyout

Any interest in seeing all the PC modules capable of being resized or able to fly-out like the EQ?  And, solo buttons on all the modules, too?  This would aid my time flow a tad.  Sorry, if this has already been put forth, I just missed it.  Thanks.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400

4 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Re: Make all Pro Channel modules resizable or flyout 2015/03/23 12:23:42 (permalink)
    I'm bumping this because I still think it's a good idea.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    musicroom
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2421
    Re: Make all Pro Channel modules resizable or flyout 2015/03/23 17:22:54 (permalink)
    Hi Lynn,

I like the idea of adding additional workflow features. Not too sure about the fly-out, but I do like the solo button idea a lot! And while we're at it, we can all ask again for preset options for the individual modules.

Dave
    Songs

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Make all Pro Channel modules resizable or flyout 2015/03/24 00:30:35 (permalink)
    I'm a little wary of this, as it seems the only ProChannels that were developed by Cakewalk were the Compressors, tube and Prochannel (and FX chain), and these all behave a little differently than the third party developed stuff. Currently these only work in the Display setting 'smaller' whereas all the others and the vast majority work in 'normal' and 'larger'. I prefer working mainly in Normal. My concern would be that if cakewalk were to make these modifications instead of the third parties, it would result in them performing like there own do, whish is not well outside of the 'smaller' setting.

This would be a step backwards for those using smaller high resolution screen users.

I like the idea, but only if they get the third parties to make the enhancements.

With the solo idea, would this just be muting the effects in the chain after the effect you are soloing? As wouldn't any processing you wanted to hear need the processing that has been applied before to give you a concept of the sound. Such as soloing the EQ, if it's after the Compressor, you'd want to hear what the compressor did to the spectrum of the sound, before making any adjustments in solo mode.

Lynn
    Re: Make all Pro Channel modules resizable or flyout 2015/03/24 13:00:04 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    More than anything, I would like to hear a solo on the EQ because it's usually the first thing in my chain.  A solo button would also be handy for hearing reverb tails, delay times, the amount of modulation added, etc, just like any other VST.  I'd settle for just the solo button on the PC  modules if nothing else.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1