Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ?

Author
Zo
Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5036
2017/08/06 19:21:56 (permalink)

Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ?

Hi friends ..

I'm facing an issue , i want to trigger another synth via maschine , the config is maschine opened as vst in sonar as well as let's say ez drummer ....i want to play in maschine and those sequencer to trigger midi in ez drummer , i don't want to open ez drummer in maschine (he doesn't see it by the way) ....

So let's say in bank A sound A is some i want to trigger with Ez drumer , i selected group /midi an enable Midi, i  select sound /output /midi and choose host and the channel ..

I unable midi input monitoring in the ez drummer midi channel , omni(to be sure) and nothing happen .... am i missing something , can't we play a sequence in Maschine and trigger another synth ? i don't want to use the drag and drop midid simply because i want to hear first what i'm playing (i want to hear EZ drummer sounds !!)

Thks

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
Softube Summit EQ
IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
EastWest Goshtwriter
Soundforge Pro 12

12 Replies Related Threads

msorrels
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1025
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/06 21:22:12 (permalink)
    So EzDrummer needs an audio output track and a MIDI input track.  On the MIDI Input track, make its input the Maschine VSTs Output and turn on the MIDI echo button on the track.

-Matt

mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/06 22:00:10 (permalink)
    I have not used Machine, but check settings on that. I am not sure what is needed to pass MIDI out of the device (like a control surface). If embedded within SONAR as a VSTi, you will need "MIDI output enabled" for MIDI to be passed to other VST(i)s.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    Zo
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/07 01:53:21 (permalink)
    msorrels
    So EzDrummer needs an audio output track and a MIDI input track.  On the MIDI Input track, make its input the Maschine VSTs Output and turn on the MIDI echo button on the track.

no way this what i tried , on midi input the only maschine refrence we have is the hardware , ot the vst ...

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Zo
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/07 01:53:22 (permalink)
    msorrels

no way this what i tried , on midi input the only maschine refrence we have is the hardware , ot the vst ...

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

ProjectM
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3941
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/07 10:55:52 (permalink)
    Sorry if it is a dumb question, but you put Maschine in MIDI mode? If not it will only trigger the Maschine VST but should work as a normal MIDI controller when in MIDI mode

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
    Soundcloud
    Negative Vibe Records
    msorrels
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1025
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/07 11:10:36 (permalink)
    I don't have Maschine but how SONAR works with routing one VST that generates MIDI into another is pretty much the same always.  You will have to enable MIDI output in the Maschine VST.  For soft synths that usually means checking the box to enable MIDI output when you add the synth.  Or enabling MIDI output from the controls at the top of the VST window (in the VST2 drop down).  You may also have to enable Maschine itself to generate/output MIDI (something in it's options/preferences, Kontakt is like that). 

If you do both of those you should have a Maschine MIDI in the MIDI input list that you can use in the other soft synth's MIDI track.  Since you don't see Maschine in the MIDI input list, then you need to correctly configure it to generate MIDI output.

-Matt

Nino Vargas
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 225
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/07 11:52:41 (permalink)
    😂

"Don’t explain. 
    Your friends do not need it, and your enemies will not believe you".

https://soundcloud.com/nfkmusic
    Nino Vargas
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 225
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/07 11:56:02 (permalink)
    Good luck Zoheir 😁 bisous aux pu...❤️

"Don’t explain. 
    Your friends do not need it, and your enemies will not believe you".

https://soundcloud.com/nfkmusic
    Zo
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/08 03:48:00 (permalink)
    ProjectM
    Sorry if it is a dumb question, but you put Maschine in MIDI mode? If not it will only trigger the Maschine VST but should work as a normal MIDI controller when in MIDI mode

Nope i can t explain deeply why i can t use the midi mode , but basically i m using az controller , and midi note and cc get messed up ...it s a bug from NI , so i have to stick with maschine mode for that operation , or disable az controller ....

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Zo
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/08 03:58:01 (permalink)
    msorrels
    I don't have Maschine but how SONAR works with routing one VST that generates MIDI into another is pretty much the same always.  You will have to enable MIDI output in the Maschine VST.  For soft synths that usually means checking the box to enable MIDI output when you add the synth.  Or enabling MIDI output from the controls at the top of the VST window (in the VST2 drop down).  You may also have to enable Maschine itself to generate/output MIDI (something in it's options/preferences, Kontakt is like that). 

If you do both of those you should have a Maschine MIDI in the MIDI input list that you can use in the other soft synth's MIDI track.  Since you don't see Maschine in the MIDI input list, then you need to correctly configure it to generate MIDI output.

You rock , since i was using an old  maschine Template i cheked and the midi out wasn't cheked ....creating another Template as i type , thks guyz !!!!

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Crowned One
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 294
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/08 17:47:20 (permalink)
    I only just picked up Maschine a couple of weeks ago so I am very new to this.
    I have found that if I set up a the midi track and then set the output to superior Drummer and then the input from Maschine (not in midi mode)
    Also in the Group Batch midi setup option I change it from sounds channels to sounds to notes
    Then change the bass note in pad mode of Maschine down from C3 to C1 I can then use Maschine to trigger Superior Drummer.

I then created and saved empty kit in maschine with the colours and names for the pads for easy recall.
    There may be a better way but this does work and also allows me to try midi from/in Maschine and edit it as well.
    Zo
    Re: Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ? 2017/08/08 19:15:49 (permalink)
    Crowned One
    I only just picked up Maschine a couple of weeks ago so I am very new to this.
    I have found that if I set up a the midi track and then set the output to superior Drummer and then the input from Maschine (not in midi mode)
    Also in the Group Batch midi setup option I change it from sounds channels to sounds to notes
    Then change the bass note in pad mode of Maschine down from C3 to C1 I can then use Maschine to trigger Superior Drummer.

I then created and saved empty kit in maschine with the colours and names for the pads for easy recall.
    There may be a better way but this does work and also allows me to try midi from/in Maschine and edit it as well.

The way to go .... usually you can open your drum thingy in Maschine , this is what i do but toontrack stuff don't get reconised ...

you can have a sound (in maschine) slot per sound , or one sound for all the kit using the Pad mode Keyboard , you will then just play with the octove up  or down and trigger the sound you wants in teh pads you want ...i found this better since there's so many sounds in toontrack , the per sound note is good if you trigger a vsti with 16 fixed type of sound ....

don't know if i'l clear lol

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1