Match that, Cakewalk!

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
OldGeezer
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 686
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/05/10 13:31:22 (permalink)
Very, very cool. Also cool are your tunes. Hope you don't mind, but I'm putting "Frequency Shift" on my mp3 player (you've got a wicked groove going on in that one).

Edit: Upon further perusal, holy crap, incredible harmonizing in "The House"...you obviously had alot of fun making that one.
post edited by OldGeezer - 2008/05/10 13:59:17
Glennbo
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1840
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/05/10 14:55:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: OldGeezer

Very, very cool. Also cool are your tunes. Hope you don't mind, but I'm putting "Frequency Shift" on my mp3 player (you've got a wicked groove going on in that one).

Thanks! I was driving home one day and started thinking, "no one writes riff based music any more". As soon as I got home, I grabbed a guitar and banged out the line in that song. Then I followed it with playing the bass doing the same riff, but an octave down. Once I put the drums on it, I got my buddy Joey Larsen to put a solo on it for me. Any of my songs that credit him are worth checking out. He's great.

Edit: Upon further perusal, holy crap, incredible harmonizing in "The House"...you obviously had alot of fun making that one.

Thanks again! :) I was in the process of moving when I wrote that one. I had literally packed up the whole house *except* for my studio. It was the last room to get boxed up at the old place, and the first one to get un-boxed and set back up at the new place. The harmonies just kinda came to me out of the blue, and it wasn't until I was in the mixing phase that I thought, "that's some different stuff I'm singing there". ;)
joshhunsaker
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 638
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/05/10 15:12:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Psychobillybob

Updates are a polite way to say we released an unfinished product...ie: Microsoft.

The fewer updates the better the original release.

Um...that kind of statement makes just about any attached argument relative.

I believe Vista's been updated a few times and it still sucks really badly.

The only music software company I've ever been aware of releasing absolutely rock-solid utterly stable uncrashable code is Propellerheads. I have NEVER, not one single time in my life - seen Reason (2.0, 2.5 3.0, you name the version) crash - just in spite of how horrible xp and vista can be. It just will not die. Amazing? Yes. Unparalleled? Certainly.
post edited by joshhunsaker - 2008/05/10 15:32:38
mr. moon
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1515
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/05/11 11:19:06 (permalink)
Additionally, most Reaper updates are based on user feature requests, not bug fixes. I cannot tell you what it's like to make a feature request, have the developer contact you directly for clarification and test builds, and then see your feature request rolled out in the released version. H3ll, I can't even get cakewalk tech support to reply to a question I submitted several time via the official online form.

IMHO, Cakewalk needs to seriously re-examine both their product and support model before it's too late.

-mr moon

ORIGINAL: joshhunsaker

Updates are a polite way to say we released an unfinished product...ie: Microsoft.

The fewer updates the better the original release.

Um...that kind of statement makes just about any attached argument relative.

I believe Vista's been updated a few times and it still sucks really badly.

The only music software company I've ever been aware of releasing absolutely rock-solid utterly stable uncrashable code is Propellerheads. I have NEVER, not one single time in my life - seen Reason (2.0, 2.5 3.0, you name the version) crash - just in spite of how horrible xp and vista can be. It just will not die. Amazing? Yes. Unparalleled? Certainly.

Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
4 GB 800MHz DDR2
RME FireFace 800
Windows 64 Pro

"...Think outside the box as you mix within!" -mrmoon

bologma
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/05/11 15:48:40 (permalink)

How do I justify using Sonar?

I can import/export sessions from other studios, can't do that in reaper, besides a ton of other things I can't do in reaper.

So if you want lite weight audio proggys there's a ton, Audacity, Kristal,Anvil Studio , heck even Pro Tools Free...

Reaper is just one of many.

HAHAHA!
that has to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

I tired it and it is stellar and I can import from many sources... edl.
and others!

]3
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1