Melodyne demo

Author
Milt
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 781
2010/12/13 13:20:06 (permalink)

Melodyne demo

I searched (google and Melodyne forum) but can't determine if there is a Melodyne Studio demo that works in Windows 7, 64 bit. Anybody know? Thanks.

14 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/14 19:01:09 (permalink)
    there is an editor version.... here  290MB download.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Milt
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/15 07:26:02 (permalink)
    Thanks, hacker, I got it.
    auto_da_fe
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1866
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/15 13:09:01 (permalink)
    I cannot get the demo to work in Sonar 8.5

The standalone single track on the desktop I can get to work (but not without some fiddling...)

I have latency way up in Sonar,  it is a tempo based effect, etc. etc. However it continually crashes Sonar. 

I really like what this plug says it can do, but so far I cannot get it to do anything except crash Sonar.  I am starting to think they should rename it Melodyne Crash

JR

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
    Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
    Win 10 64 
    SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
    https://soundcloud.com/airportface
    Milt
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/15 15:59:38 (permalink)
    I really like what this plug says it can do, but so far I cannot get it to do anything except crash Sonar. I am starting to think they should rename it Melodyne Crash

I certainly don't like to hear this! I told my wife she could get Melodyne for me for Christmas, but I may have to ask Santa for something else. I also see that my other DAW is not on their list of compatable hosts. Rethinking this deal!
    auto_da_fe
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/15 17:23:59 (permalink)
    By all means try the demo, I know other people are using it with Sonar and it is working for them.  But I would not ask my wife for it until i test drove the demo.

I have a friend using it in Reaper, even though they say it is not tested or supported in reaper.

I am pretty sure this has something to do with my graphics adpater, and I tried to get some support to see if they knew anything about it at the melodyne forums but I did not get much help.

I know I could use it in standalone mode, but that would mean exporting track to wave file and then working with it in standalone and then re-import it.  And I would do that if it was  50 $ piece of software, but they want 350 .00 for it.

JR

Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
    Win 10 64 
    Guitarhacker
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/15 19:29:42 (permalink)
    Milt... get the demo and try it.
    Auto is having problems that should not be happening. I run it on my XP based i5 Intel system and the CPU use and latency are very low. On my lappy the CPU is more noticeable.

Auto, be sure  you have the W7 updates installed. That system should not have a problem with melodyne.

On my lappy I had crashes but I attribute that to other issues like CPU numbers being high.

Melodyne does require heavy CPU usage for it to do what it does. The more resources that it can use the better it runs.

On my new DAW it will process a 4 minute vox track in about 10 seconds. I still save after each thing I do.... just because.  I can not imagine trying to do what I do without melodyne.

BMI/NSAI

auto_da_fe
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/16 09:50:25 (permalink)
    Milt - GH is correct, it totally should work on my DAW.  And there is no reason why my experience should be considered the norm.  That does not mean it is not frustrating and the fact that I am gettng no help from Melodyne does not decrease this frustration either.

This is the first piece of DAW software I have ever had such issues with.  I have hundreds of plugs (line 6, Komplete, Catanya, etc. etc.) and while I have had minor issues with features on some of them, I have never had a plug just flat out not work.

I even installed reaper and it does the same thing. 

I am sure your results will be better, so go and try the demo out and and let us know how it goes for you.

GH - I have the latest W7 updates and I also updated my NVIDIA GE force 6500 SE to the latest drivers.  I also wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the demo needs to connect to the internet everytime you want to use it.  No other plug I have has to talk to the mother ship to work.

JR

Win 10 64 
    Guitarhacker
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/16 10:35:26 (permalink)
    Interesting...I would not think it needed to talk to the servers in Germany..... I run my DAW totally off line. I even registered it using an offline method.

What kind of CPU numbers do you have in a typical project before and after adding Melodyne to it?

My lappy would see a 10% to 15% jump easily on the CPU after adding Melodyne. The processing after it grabbed the audio was time consuming and that's often when it would glitch and crash on me. What I would do as a work around was to do the processing in sections.... a verse at a time. That would work better since it didn't have to process the whole thing at one time.

With my current DAW, I get about a 2% bump in CPU with MD running, and it handles the entire song easily now.

All the stuff going on in the background, the various computer processes, and other memory resident programs running will suck up valuable CPU cycles and that puts a big strain on MD to do it's thing properly. Hence the reason I built my DAW from scratch and loaded my own OS....and keep it off the net.

BMI/NSAI

auto_da_fe
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/16 15:10:13 (permalink)
    I built a project with only audio 1 track and 30 seconds of a bass track.

So the CPU is 0%, but I cannot tell if it spikes the CPU and kills Sonar because the crash happens so fast.  It does not stutter and then die, it instantaneously crashes.

The full version does not need to connect to the internet, but the demo does.  

JR

Win 10 64 
    Guitarhacker
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/16 16:51:27 (permalink)
    That is strange. I don't know what to tell you at this point other than to say.... I would contact tech and melodyne and tell them a sale rests on you being able to get the demo working without crashing. After all, who in their right mind would spend money on something that crashes?

See if that gets them responding. Also another thought.... I believe they also have a forum, though likely not as active as here. But it's worth a try, post in there and see what advice you get from users.

BMI/NSAI

Milt
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/16 17:56:15 (permalink)
    My new DAW is not connected to the internet either, so I guess I won't be trying the demo. I may try getting in touch with Celemony and see if there is a way around having to have an internet connection to try this thing out. Thanks for the feedback, guys, I appreciate it! Milt.
    Guitarhacker
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/16 18:40:35 (permalink)
    Milt, I'd give it a try... the worst that can happen is the thing won't work. It might work fine.

BMI/NSAI

Milt
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/17 18:19:28 (permalink)
    Got a reply from Celemony about trying the demo without an internet connection. A terse, rude little remark. No 'we're sorry', or 'you can try this', just one sentence, "as it says on our demo page you have to have an internet connection to use the demo." I don't think I want Melodyne , it sounds like they would be jerks to deal with if you had a problem.
    loyamos
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Melodyne demo 2010/12/22 04:12:01 (permalink)
    No demo version but Melodyne editor.To different plug-ins only make it even easier to include stand-alone implementation to begin, we are a small Melodyne Studio "is ready to experience the tour.
    post edited by loyamos - 2010/12/22 04:15:24
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1