Melodyne/Producer trial - audio/midi conversion not working?

Author
Bluenote
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2014/03/27 14:16:06 (permalink)

Melodyne/Producer trial - audio/midi conversion not working?

Hi,
I have downloaded the trial versions of both the above but I am having trouble performing even the simplest kind of audio to midi conversion. 
I understand it should be possible simply to drag an audio clip onto a mid track, but when I do this nothing really happens (apart from some fleeting messages in the time display which promptly disappear making it hard to read them).

If I click on Region FX then I get no menu dropdown - this may be indicative(?) and I'm only running on 32-bit in case that rules everything out? I am using the simplest possible mono audio clip (a single piano note).

I should be very grateful for any suggestions!

Many thanks,
Dave
Bluenote
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Melodyne/Producer trial - audio/midi conversion not working? 2014/03/27 14:36:12 (permalink)
Many thanks to mettelus - problem solved! (see post for Re-wire option gone!! Melodyne issue)
----------
to quote from mettelus:
(Hmmm, that is sounding a lot like SONAR is not scanning the VST folder Melodyne installed to. By default, Melodyne installs to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" check your VST scan paths (Preferences->File->VST Settings) and make sure that one is listed. Also do a manual rescan of the VSTs while on that page (you can also check the rescan failed and existing VST options there for that manual scan).
-----------
Bluenote

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1