Metronome Puzzle in Legacy Sonar Version

Author
SonicExplorer
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 775
2017/10/18 14:34:10 (permalink)

Metronome Puzzle in Legacy Sonar Version

Finishing up a DAW rebuild and am perplexed about a metronome issue in old Sonar.  My old system had an SBLive card in it, which I used as a Metronome by piping MIDI notes to the card's onboard synth and then patched into the main audio interface for monitoring.  However I have now done away with the SBLive in the new DAW and am having a problem getting any metronome sound in S2.  With S5 it's not a problem, the audio metronome apparently works a bit differently there.  But in S2 there are only two check boxes - MIDI Note or PC Speaker.  And I just can't seem to get any sound....

Anybody able to blow the dust off their brains and recall what I might be overlooking about the pre-S5 metronome??

Sonic
post edited by SonicExplorer - 2017/10/19 02:51:54

1 Reply Related Threads

SonicExplorer
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 775
    Re: Metronome Puzzle in Legacy Sonar Version 2017/10/19 09:46:49 (permalink)
    Argh....after lots of searching and reading it seems this metronome issue is a gaping hole in the older Sonar versions.....?      Apparently the only solution is to create an audio or MIDI track to act as a click.  This approach starts to raise latency concerns in my mind though.... 

There was also a few mentions of some kind of ping plug.  PingDX or some such thing.... still reading....

Sonic
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1