MiDi recording

Author
screennamedsilly
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2008/09/08 02:28:33 (permalink)

MiDi recording

Hello all you smart guys and girls,
When I am a recording my beautiful music as midi and I'm a playing my piano and I step on the damper pedal.....what the f....?? The recording stops,the time line continues going along and the damn thing plays BUT...the armed and set up midi track stops recording.What to do huh/Anybody? //??

2 Replies Related Threads

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: MiDi recording 2008/09/08 04:41:42 (permalink)
    sounds like the damper pedal is set up to send a midi controller value which is controlling recording on/off - which is weird. what if any piano vsti are you using, what piano, how you connectin it to the soundcard/pc? try downloading midi-ox, it'll tel you what data value is being sent when you depress the damper pedal...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    screennamedsilly
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: MiDi recording 2008/09/08 10:40:02 (permalink)
    ......hey,I have an old yamaha p-100 and I do not have enough know how when it comes to the nomenclature.....sooo what is vsti?and the interface goes thru usb which is fine..and this midi-ox download is for what dumb little ol me at some point I may have been sending midi event changes on the fly.Nothin to do with the pedal....low key note message I think at some chanel.....It(sonar) shouldn't defalt to any thing except what I have told it....thank you for any and all...............help
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1