Author
brendan5987
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
2006/09/23 04:51:41 (permalink)

Midi Groove plays in P5 but won't play in S5

Hi Folks

I've a strange problem I hope you can help me out with:

I load up Stylus RMX in Project 5. I switch it to Kit mode and load a kit. Then, in the Explore window, I preview an Old Skool drum loop from Groove Monkey. Works fine, no problem.

When I load the axact same loop onto the Stylus Midi track in Sonar 5 PE, the loop just doesn't play.

Stylus is working fine, I've checked it with other loops, the track inputs and outputs are fine, the midi loop is fine, the kit is mapped correctly on the keyboard from C3 upwards.

I can't see anything different between the two setups, but P5 works and Sonar doesn't.

Can anybody think of the one dumb thing I've done here?

Thanks

1 Reply Related Threads

Dave Modisette
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: Midi Groove plays in P5 but won't play in S5 2006/09/23 14:36:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: brendan5987

Hi Folks

I've a strange problem I hope you can help me out with:

I load up Stylus RMX in Project 5. I switch it to Kit mode and load a kit. Then, in the Explore window, I preview an Old Skool drum loop from Groove Monkey. Works fine, no problem.

When I load the axact same loop onto the Stylus Midi track in Sonar 5 PE, the loop just doesn't play.

Stylus is working fine, I've checked it with other loops, the track inputs and outputs are fine, the midi loop is fine, the kit is mapped correctly on the keyboard from C3 upwards.

I can't see anything different between the two setups, but P5 works and Sonar doesn't.

Can anybody think of the one dumb thing I've done here?

Thanks

If you're talking about previewing a midi clip in SONAR's Loop Explorer then I'll tell you that SONAR can't do it. Bummer isn't it?

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1