Midi gets left out.

Author
Tld22341
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/07/16 13:57:27 (permalink)

Midi gets left out.

Hi.  I bought the cakewalk music creator 5 about three days ago, and I've figured out how to make and edit drum tracks, add midi to my projects, and record my own audio.  I have a project right now using three digital audio tracks (2 guitars and 1 bass), and three midi tracks (drums, bells, and synth voices).  I have everything where I want it, all the eq's and fx are added, and when I go to mix it down, only the digital audio tracks go through, and all the midi and synth stuff gets left out.  Is there a way I can convert the cakewalk stuff to digital audio format so it all goes through?  Thanks for your help. 

Travis

2 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Midi gets left out. 2010/07/16 14:08:01 (permalink)
    yeah...

When you get ready to "mix down" actually it's export audio.... you simply have to click on (to select) at least ONE audio track. I normally double click an audio track and ALL the tracks get selected.

Then as you step through the process you will have a window open that asks for the destination and the sampling rates.... IN THAT WINDOW..... look at the other things... you will see a field called PRESET....click on it an a drop down opens with a number of options..... select the one that says WHAT YOU HEAR. click it and continue the export.

It should export the audio tracks and the audio from the midi tracks exactly like you hear the project on playback. I use WYH all the time.... since it includes the midi track audio and the envelopes as well as ALL the FX in the mix.

Let me know if that works for you.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/07/16 14:09:39

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Midi gets left out. 2010/07/16 21:26:37 (permalink)
    If you happen to be in a situation where your soft synths and effects are slowing your processor down, you can select each MIDI track and soft synth track while holding down the computer keyboard's Ctrl key.
    Then go to Edit>Bounce to Track(s). Make some selections in the options dialog box, click OK and the MIDI and synth will be rendered to an audio track.
    Then you can archive the MIDI tracks and delete the synth, freeing up the processor to run more easily.
    You can mix down audio tracks, or MIDI tracks, synths, etc.
    Archiving a MIDI track will keep the processor from processing that data, but the track can be unarchived later if you want to work on it again.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1