'Missing plug-in' that's not missing??

Author
avgrafyx
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2016/12/24 15:48:33 (permalink)

'Missing plug-in' that's not missing??

Hi,

I've got a problem with a plug-in that's 'gone missing' from Music Creator....except that it's not missing. It's KV331's Synthmaster2.8, an excellent synth and one I have used a lot.

If I start a new project using Synthmaster, or insert the plug-in into an existing project, it's fine and works perfectly well, as it has for many months.

However, a couple of weeks back, I found that when I loaded songs using Synthmaster back into Music Creator, one or two songs loaded and then popped up a report of the plug-in being missing. That 'missing plug-in' report has now spread to all songs recorded previously using Synthmaster. I tried rescanning the plug-ins, and I checked it is where it should be and all is well.

So I downloaded the plug-in again and re-installed it but the same problem occurs  - I now can't retrieve any of my songs that used Synthmaster. But the strange thing is that it still works fine in any new project or insertion into other projects. It seems to go awry after the project is saved and returned to later. Unless I can get Music Creator to recognise Synthmaster's presence when reloading projects, I can't even tell what sounds I used - there are vast numbers of presets. and I don't recall which ones I used

The problem showed up slightly once before, when I updated Synthmaster from v2.7 to v2.8 - I just put it down to a new version of Synthmaster unsettling things. But I had not updated it recently, and it is weird the way the problem started with just one or two songs and now affects them all. It's taken a week or two to develop that far.

Any ideas? I'm using MC6 Touch, on an I7 machine with Windows 7 if any of that is relevant.

Happy Christmas to all and best wishes for a good year in 2017.

3 Replies Related Threads

JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: 'Missing plug-in' that's not missing?? 2016/12/25 13:25:20 (permalink)
    Happy Christmas to you as well!

Did you do a VST reset (before the rescan)?  If a plugin gets messed up, rescanning alone rarely fixes it.

If that fails, uninstall/reinstall Synthmaster, then do the VST reset/rescan.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    gcolbert
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1176
    Re: 'Missing plug-in' that's not missing?? 2016/12/27 18:42:51 (permalink)
    You want to double check that the Synthmaster is installed in a directory that shows in your VST paths in preferences (before doing the rest/rescan).  It may have been relocated during an upgrade.

Platinum / VS-100 / 12 GB RAM / Win 10 Pro / AMD A8 / MP Touch Monitors
    Platinum / on-board audio / 4 GB RAM /Win 10 Pro / HP dm4 Laptop / stuff
    THpfft!
    avgrafyx
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re: 'Missing plug-in' that's not missing?? 2016/12/30 19:12:40 (permalink)
    Tried a Reset All VSTs and a Rescan, nothing different.

The Synthmaster plug-in is definitely located where it should be located, (and in the same place as it always has been), in one of several folders listed in the VST path preferences and scanned when MC6 starts up. I can see it being scanned when I initiate a 'Rescan VSTs', and it shows no errors. But it still isn't found by songs that have been around for more than a few days.

Question: - anybody know, should I uninstall and re-install Synthmaster, whether all the expansion packs I bought for it will be re-installed or will I have to install them all again - assuming I still have them, since my other computer (which I use to download stuff from the internet) lost a hard drive recently while I was trying to back it up :-(
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1