Helpful ReplyMixcraft

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/04 00:12:50 (permalink)
Great video Kenny. I subscribed to your channel. That was pretty amazing there dude. I want to encourage you to keep at the videos. I noticed it's been awhile since you made one on your channel. Like I think I may have mentioned before you weren't horsing around in that video * ducks and runs*. Sorry the only kinds of jokes I know how to make are bad ones

I started another song in Mixcraft last night. It's off to a pretty good start. I'm having fun working in it. No it isn't as deep as some of the others. Plenty deep enough for me thus far. If i run into a snag, I'll use one of my other programs.

Did you make that entire video in Mixcraft?

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/04 15:30:23 (permalink)
Starise
Great video Kenny. I subscribed to your channel. That was pretty amazing there dude. I want to encourage you to keep at the videos. I noticed it's been awhile since you made one on your channel. Like I think I may have mentioned before you weren't horsing around in that video * ducks and runs*. Sorry the only kinds of jokes I know how to make are bad ones

I started another song in Mixcraft last night. It's off to a pretty good start. I'm having fun working in it. No it isn't as deep as some of the others. Plenty deep enough for me thus far. If i run into a snag, I'll use one of my other programs.

Did you make that entire video in Mixcraft?

Hi Starise ,

Thanks for making it over there and giving my video a watch
My video was done during a time before I had Mixcraft . I believe I may have mentioned that in my post ...
My song is called Heaven Welcomes you Home.... it is up on S C..the song came first then the video
At the time for the music , I used both SONAR 6 PE  & Logic 9 Pro for the Music .Then  I used i Movie and Magix Movie Pro 16 for the visuals ...
BTW, I posted my video to give you a few different ways of approaching music and video .
Everything that was in my video  I could have easily done in Mixcraft  

I have know you here on the forums for years and there is some overlap in some of the things we do in music ...
A couple of common denominators ....we both do a lot of instrumental music ...often times there is an element of searching for or expressing a raised level of awareness . Also we both seem willing to stretch out and find new ways to get the message across ...
Having said that ,
When I saw your video I know you used royalty free stock footage ..you mentioned it ...
I also remember hearing you mention that you had to use MOV files .....now I did mention in another post how one could trail a software that will convert them for free over to a different format ..both my video cameras only render to MOV....

I happen to live in an area where there is a lot of Nature . On the days when the lighting is good I like to carry a knock off style go pro type of camera w me and film various things I may see along the way in my day to day that may become useful to me  at a later date  ...standing on a bridge filming a fast moving creek is it's own reward even if I don't end up using the footage
(all the footage of my horse friends was just that type of thing done only on a lesser camera )

IMHO , one of the things I like the most about the VCL player beside the fact that it opens and plays  MOV files , is it is a very handy way to capture still shots of the video w the screen capture ability in the program

One could easily decide to capture a frame in lets say the video you used and then place that in Mixcraft and add text or moving text to the still frame to be able to have a nice little video / song intro / credits listing   ...or an outro.

Taking it a step further one could take a frame-shot and create a still logo as a foundation to work from ..
There is also the very real possibility of taking a very short video clip and using that as the foundation for a specified individualized brand logo to be used in all future videos
All these little things BTW are very fast & easy to do in Mixcraft ...

I haven't tried to find out yet if Mixcraft can do all those Ken Burns type of zooms on still photo's ..That would be great if Mixcraft  did or can do those type of effects

Anyway , these are Just simple fast ideas ....to bump start the ole creative juices .

Hey thanks for checking out my u tube channel & subscribing
Over there for me it has been somewhat of a slow simmer ...
I post a tune w video over there and then years later I find out that I have a few thousand genuine views 
It seems people like it much better when I keep my mouth shut and let my guitar do all the talking ...

I may look into upping and creating much more video content ...
I would be doing so much more on u tube  if I can find a way to film my DAW as I use it ....
I may have to bite the bullet and pay the bucks for a good program ...the cheap and free stuff just don't cut it over here ....
Nice talking w you , good luck on your new upcoming video ...

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Starise
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/04 19:32:02 (permalink)
Thanks Kenny. I'm working on a Jazz Christmas thing right now with another vocalist. I think video would fit well with it. 
I have a video camera that records to SD cards. I'm not sure what the file type is. It's a nice video camera with a decent lense. I also have Majix Movie Maker on another computer. It is obviously better at strictly video. Maybe I'll go between the two programs. I'm guessing the file type my video camera uses is windows friendly. Isn't MOV an apple file?
I ran across a few things while recording a new song last night that had me disappointed trying to make music in Mixcraft. For one, I need to find a way to set gap recording up. That function wasn't easy to find for me yet.

The largest disappointment was when I loaded an old TRacks metering plugin and it didn't show up as registered even though I know I own it. Loading that onto my master locked everything up. I had to reboot and lost probably 2 hours of work. I'm trying to figure out if I can auto save in Mixcraft. A feature I value in Sonar. I'm also not understanding why IK seemingly pulled another fast one on me and somehow that plug is no longer registered. I'm almost done with IK for good. This isn't the first time this has happened. FWIW in Sonar an unregistered plugin does not lock up the program. 

3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 

Twitter @Rodein

aconte22
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/05 21:03:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Karyn 2017/12/06 09:34:35
The Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Crossgrade offer for Sonar users is now live at the acoustica website. Between now and January 1, 2018, only $99 (45% off SRP of $179).  Visit the acoustica website for details.
Thank you for considering as an alternative DAW for your future use.
Anthony
riojazz
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1337
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/05 21:08:09 (permalink)
Excellent.  I'm sending my email now.

You said Tuesday, and it's Tuesday.  Great start. Here's the link:

https://www.acoustica.com/sonar-crossgrade.php

Note: besides Help, About I found it hard to find a copy of my serial number that they want, although they say they will take any version of SONAR and I have tons.  They also say I will get an email response within 24 hours.

Software: Cakewalk by Bandlab; Adobe Audition; Band-in-A-Box audiophile; Izotope Ozone; Encore; Melodyne; Win 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd; Roland Integra-7; TCE Finalizer; Presonus Central Station, Behringer X-Touch.  Home built i7 with 16 GB RAM, SSDs.
aconte22
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/05 21:13:31 (permalink)
Hi Bitflipper
Yes, the Mixer in Mixcraft 8 can be undocked and slid over to a second screen. You can also customize what you see and can select / deselect the tracks you want to view (or not view).
bitflipper
Thanks for chiming in, Anthony.

An easy question for you: 

I spend much more time in SONAR's Track View than its Console View ("Mixer" in Mixcraft-parlance). If I use the console at all it'll be in my second monitor, because vertical space (number of visible tracks) is more important to me than horizontal space (number of visible mixer channels). So my question is: can the Mixer be undocked and slid over to a second screen?

aconte22
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/05 21:22:39 (permalink)
Hi Marshall,
Mixcraft 8 includes around 100 keyboard shortcuts for various commands.  I looked thru the manual quickly and did not see any reference to being able to customize shortcuts. Still, try the free 14-day demo. You can read thru the 384 manual, perhaps I missed it.
Marshall
All very interesting. Customising keyboard shortcuts is an absolute must for me. Can Anthony clarify if that's possible?

djwayne
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2021
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/06 07:29:08 (permalink)
aconte22
Hi Bitflipper
Yes, the Mixer in Mixcraft 8 can be undocked and slid over to a second screen. You can also customize what you see and can select / deselect the tracks you want to view (or not view).
bitflipper
Thanks for chiming in, Anthony.

An easy question for you: 

I spend much more time in SONAR's Track View than its Console View ("Mixer" in Mixcraft-parlance). If I use the console at all it'll be in my second monitor, because vertical space (number of visible tracks) is more important to me than horizontal space (number of visible mixer channels). So my question is: can the Mixer be undocked and slid over to a second screen?

awesome !!!!!!!!!! you guys are giving good ideas !!! 
Skyline_UK
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/06 09:34:38 (permalink)
Two quick (related) queries re. Mixcraft:
(1) Viewing their web site and the Comparison table between the two versions, I don't want any of the synths, plugins, etc.  I'm happy with the ones I have.  I just want the program. So, on install, is there an option not to install these?
(2) Initially I thought I could limit the amount of these, if installation is automatic, by buying the Studio version. But at the top of this thread Bitflipper mentioned that this version is limited to 16 tracks.  However, their compare table states that both version have unlimited tracks, which is it?
https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/mixcraft-compare-chart.html

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/06 09:41:37 (permalink)
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio
Complete “recording-studio-in-a-box” with unlimited MIDI and audio tracks.  28 pro audio effects, and 15 virtual instruments, including the super easy-to-use Alpha and Omni Sampler instruments.

Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio
With over $1250 worth of plug-ins, 56 pro audio effects and 21 virtual instruments, including the superlative Pianissimo Grand Piano and Celemony’s Melodyne Essentials, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio offers unparalleled mixing and mastering power.

Seems the difference is the number of FX and instruments,    and natively integrated Melodyne.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/06 14:58:29 (permalink)
Don't know if this was discussed but... isn't the ogg format (which Mixcraft uses) a form of compression?
If so, why in the world would a DAW use it? I'd rather not.
Starise
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/06 17:33:59 (permalink)
I don't believe you are held to ogg. Ogg is an option in export. FWIW ogg is  high quality compression. I wouldn't want to export it for final master. 

Maybe the loops are ogg? I'm not sure of that.

Twitter @Rodein

ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/06 17:37:07 (permalink)
Mixcraft can record and export in a number of formats. You're not tied to any one of them, so if you want .WAV, use that instead of FLAC  or OGG.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/06 17:37:35 (permalink)

SONAR can import and export Ogg, too. It's a feature.

As with SONAR, Mixcraft does not obligate you to use Ogg Vorbis. It can import and export multiple lossless formats: FLAC, lossless WMA and WAV. 

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Mixcraft 2017/12/07 02:41:06 (permalink)
I don't see an Import function but WAV, OGG, & FLAC can be recorded or dragged in.
AIF & MIDI files can also be 'added' or dragged in.

WAV, OGG, FLAC, WMA, & MP3 (lame.dll included) can be exported.
post edited by soens - 2019/01/14 12:43:53
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1