LockedMost Arrogant Posts - Who has em?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 7
Author
spacey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8769
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:15:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

Spacey
You will be hearing from my lawyers. Your name infringes on mine.

lol
Well at least you and I will be in good company...can't say much about the lawyer though.

And if he's not cool he will be when we get done with him.

space_cowboy
  • Total Posts : 9813
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:16:25 (permalink)
Just kidding spacey
Is that from captain beyond?

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
spacey
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:19:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

Just kidding spacey
Is that from captain beyond?

No doubt about kidding...I've thought the same thing...lol

Yes. A scan of the original 3D and a great listen.

Cheers,
Michael
papa2004
Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6475
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:23:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: karim82

21doors isn't responding.. I think he regrets what he said..

I don't think he regrets anything (unless he has a serious substance abuse/psychological problem or was just having a REALLY bad day or he just despises those of us who've been pleased--for the most part--with our Cakewalk products)...He has, in the past, stirred the sh*t bucket around here...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt if he can post stats to support his rantings...

So far, I haven't seen anything helpful enough from his post history that would excuse him calling anybody on these forums "Most Arrogant"...His own "arrogance" is evident in many of his posts...NOW LET THE FLAMING BEGIN FROM HIS DEFENDERS! I really don't care...

The topic of his thread is a valid one, except he has the parameters reversed. The cynics, trolls, and those who expect $35,000 performance from a $700 product are the ones who come across as "arrogant". If they're so entrenched in using another DAW system then they should purchase it and use it and quit ****ing about what this forum's software "doesn't have".

Nobody forced anyone to buy the software. Nobody in these forums has ever said SONAR is the only software app anyone would ever need. Nobody has forced anybody to come to these forums for answers to questions. The forums are provided as a "courtesy" to discuss issues pertinent to the respective software applications. How difficult is that to comprehend?

I'll be the first to admit that I've been less than cordial with some "new users" when I've felt (IMO) they've done no studying or learning whatsoever and they want somebody here to spoon feed them. That's not problem solving, that's an instructional course and there are plenty of resources available within the software and on the web to lead those who are willing to do a little research on thier own.

I've been corrected in the past for erroneous posts that I, mistakenly, screwed up...I've also been "guilty" of correcting others who've posted erroneous information...C'est la vie...At least I'm fairly dependable and consistent...

I believe you, karim82, made some derogatory remarks about me in a previous thread...I don't even remember what you posted because it's so insignificant to where I am in my life, yet I've not called you names nor have I disputed your contributions to the forums in a malicious manner.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is simply "arrogance" is not tied into the number of post counts or the number of songs that one has posted online...Arrogance is arrogance any way you look at it...It is thinking one is superior to someone else due to achievements one has accomplished...I don't believe John or CJ (or, for that matter, myself) fall into that category...

Regards,
Papa
sandman5000
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 882
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:24:24 (permalink)
threads like this (and the dozens like 'em) tell me that Sonar is a great app. There seems to be so little to complain about with the actual program.
post edited by sandman5000 - 2008/09/04 14:25:01
tcaylor
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 701
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:33:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: sandman5000

threads like this (and the dozens like 'em) tell me that Sonar is a great app. There seems to be so little to complain about with the actual program.

This is a great observation. It's easy to sit and wait for the next Steve Austin cakewalk vs <insert competition here> post or go over to the songs forum and get caught up in the "you don't tell me that I suck when I really do" threads :)

thanks,

Tom

My Soundclick Page

Sonar Platinum, AMD FX-4100 Quad Core, 8GB RAM, Win 7, RME Fireface USB, UA LA-610, Dynaudio BM 5A monitors, G&L Asat Classic, Peavy Wolfgang, 1990 Strat Ultra, Alvarez PD-80SC Acoustic
GMGM
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 494
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:35:38 (permalink)
Your case looks flimsy to me.

Space_Cowboy, your forum profile came into the world on 7/20/07. Looks like Spacey beat you by a couple years. I smell a counter-suit.

Edit - Sorry - my comment was a bit late. Looks like I need to refresh my browser once in a while before posting...
post edited by GMGM - 2008/09/04 14:39:45
craftm1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 49
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:47:43 (permalink)
Being a newer user, I have found that this forum, including every one has been great help. And as a new user or users we need to learn how to ask proper question and make sure we provide enough information about our issue as well as our set ups. Also, there is a search function that new users tend to avoid? Look first, ask questions later. You'll probably find that your question has be asked befor. CJ and the rest of you super users keep on Rocking, we couldn't learn our lessons with out you guys!

Live Life and Play Loud! Sonar X1PE, Windows 7 pro 32/64 Dual boot config. i7 3.5gighz, 32 gig ram, 2 ea. 1tarabite HD's + 2 ea. 750gig HD + 2 ea 80gig HD. Presonus Faderport, Pro 300, 2 ea. M-Audio Delta 1010LT's.
spacey
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:48:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: GMGM

Your case looks flimsy to me.

Space_Cowboy, your forum profile came into the world on 7/20/07. Looks like Spacey beat you by a couple years. I smell a counter-suit.

Edit - Sorry - my comment was a bit late. Looks like I need to refresh my browser once in a while before posting...

GMGM,
Perfect timing to me! You want to represent me? lol

GMGM - what's that? You have to chevy's?

GMGM
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:09:09 (permalink)
Ha! Actually, Space_Cowboy has become one of my favorites. It would be a conflict of interest. Unless you manage to beat him in a Frank Zappa trivia contest (I appreciated the Weasels reference he tossed out the other day, figured I was one of a dozen people alive today who might get Zappa).

Actually, this reminds me of that whole Monster Cable lawsuit thing. Was that for real? Or was it an internet hoax? Has anyone confirmed? I've only seen it mentioned once online (here actually). As ridiculous as it was, I would have expected more coverage.
21doors
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 170
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:10:58 (permalink)
21doors isn't responding.. I think he regrets what he said..

No, I don't regret it. But I do feel sympathy for you guys. I hope I didn't shatter your purpose in life.
Its your forum, much, much more than it is mine.
Any poor new person to Sonar will soon discover that the forum that comes along with their purchase will not so much be the resource of good clean info as they expect, but a social group of somewhat intelligent, yet defensive avatars, but not intelligent enough to act unlike your typical group when group psychology prevails.
The most of the posters, at least in this thread, have been pretty normal, posting to subjects they feel they could add something to. In this case, they felt like they should defend their friends, a natural human instinct. You know they are good people, simply by this action. But a few out there consistently, reliably, take threads to anywhere they feel, adding comments that mean nothing.
You know, I am sorry. I can tear someone to shreds intellectually without meaning to, a dangerous skill taught to me at a young age. I've kept the blade of this gift well sheathed, but somehow it must have grazed you.
I hope you guys get up, shake yourselves off, and double your post count.
From now on, I will expect nothing different from this forum.
BTW, I'd MUCH rather put up with this scene than the herd at GS. So I guess I'd rather post here.
keith
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3882
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:19:58 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: papa2004
CJ's "exorbitant" post count is a different story. Some forumites who have been around here much longer than the OP might remember a "promotion" that offered a free upgrade to the next SONAR release (I don't recall which one or which year). The promotion was tied into the number of posts on the forums during a specific time (again, I don't recall the details because it wasn't something I was interested in attempting, nor did I have the time to do so).

CJ spent countless hours "upping" his post count in hopes of winning. He didn't win but his post count is WAY up there as a result. Maybe mpw he's shooting for the 20,000 mark in hopes of getting SONAR 10 at no cost?

Actually, Papa, CJ was not part of that little exercise last October. And yes I'm still p!ssed about it. We could have used him!!! In fact, when it first started to get rolling, the group immediately started looking for ways to contact CJ, who was apparently "doing something important" that night.

BTW, I think alot of CJs posts are of the drive-by variety, and those tend to add up. In any case, if one can't filter through the stuff you don't want to read, or even BLOCK THE USER, then the whole "Internet Thing" probably isn't for you...

So... how 'bout that Sarah Palin, huh?
plainfaced
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1617
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:22:06 (permalink)
I upped my count by around 300 posts that day!!

Sonar Professional | Reason 8 | Propellerheads Balance | Windows 10
keith
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:24:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 21doors
But a few out there consistently, reliably, take threads to anywhere they feel, adding comments that mean nothing.

21doors, you have a point, but you should know that going into this deal... this is an internet forum that is open to the public (within reason). It could be FAR WORSE. You don't see alot of personal attacks and foul language around here. But, yes, there are going to be hijacked threads, sarcastic or snide remarks, incompatible personalities, etc. You just need to filter through that stuff that doesn't matter (to you or whoever). I think if you took a sample of 100 threads, and really to an objective look at them you'd find that the majority (70%?) are constructive, helpful whatever. But as always, a couple of bad threads can turn people off...
CJaysMusic
  • Total Posts : 30423
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:27:10 (permalink)
This just prooves that everyone who posted here, (except a few and you know who you are) Love talking about me. Because your life is miserable or boring or your just infatuated with me and love me to death and are to Homophobic to accept it. Its ok, and i actually like it when this happens, every month or so. It brings me more hits to my web site by 100 fold and more people listen to my music. So keep up my publicity machine there guys and you closet cases...LOL
O yes, this should be moved to the Im a loser and have nothing to talk about, so ill tlak about other forum roomies room or AKA The Middle School Room

Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
Audio Blog
keith
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:28:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: plainfaced
I upped my count by around 300 posts that day!!

I know, I think I burned through something like 600... I started at 10PM or so, and continued right through post #6000, with a couple of bathroom and coffee breaks thrown in there... at that point a post and page refresh was taking a full 60+ seconds because the server was so overloaded!!!
GMGM
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:33:16 (permalink)
I personally switched to Sonar in large part due to this forum. I can on board right after 6 was released. I checked out the forum, and man oh man were you folks helpful. Compared to other forums (Cubase? what a joke).

Towards the release of version 7 the forum became more social as you're describing. When 7 came out, the forum became more technical again. Most of the configuration problems and surprises have been worked through (or around). So now, we're going through the summertime blues before the eagerly awaited version 8 comes out.

And I would bet that a certain percentage of posts come from rare forum users, who just happen to check more frequently at this time of the year for update news.

This is compounded by a general sense of anxiety that a lot of us are feeling about the Roland acquisition. We can't wait to see what sort of influence Roland has on our beloved DAW of choice. Will we love it? Hate?
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:33:37 (permalink)
Forums... gotta love 'em,
- zevo
bunnyfluffer
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 674
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:40:30 (permalink)
this forum is one of the main reasons I'm a sonar user.

there is no better support group for any software I have ever used.

after years of defunct companies, poor customer service and arrogant reps (hello digidesign), I can say that cakewalk and this forum and ALL the users are a breath of fresh air.

CJ has been one of the best (if not the most) and most active advocates of newbies with a wealth of well worn experience.

plainfaced
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1617
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 15:50:20 (permalink)
I just have to butt in and say my thoughts on CJ.

I too once thought CJ was arrogant (well not much has changed).. I used to have a go at him here many many times.. Purely just for fun, but I did mean what I said. He would not be phased, and give back just as much..

But after time Ive come to love CJ. Yeah his posts come across as arrogant, whatever.. But he IS very knowlegable - Especially in Sonar!!

Sonar Professional | Reason 8 | Propellerheads Balance | Windows 10
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 16:11:55 (permalink)
He would not be phased

I think you meant to say "he would not be fazed". Or then again, maybe you'd hoped he'd be turned around 180 degrees.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 16:25:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 21doors

I just noticed that CJ is approaching 15,000. John is a tad under 10,000.

Interesting.
Also interesting to note that many users of cakewalk feel the forum here is a joke.
Interesting to see that many users who left Sonar complained about the user base as being out of touch with reality, having to argue about bugs instead of getting solutions.
I'm not surprised.
How much money have you two cost Sonar?

blocked...

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
CJaysMusic
  • Total Posts : 30423
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 16:27:57 (permalink)
LOL
Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
Audio Blog
space_cowboy
  • Total Posts : 9813
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 17:26:18 (permalink)
So I would guess we can see from some of the posts who is arrogant or not.

I dont think I have ever seen arrogance in any of John's posts. While CJ is rough a bit at times, he is very helpful too. So if arrogance is the only character you attribute to him, well that one-dimensionality sort of misses the more complex measure of a human. I think CJ is good, even if he can't sepll wroth a danm.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
eratu
Max Output Level: -46.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2856
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 18:07:15 (permalink)
I think this is a great forum, and I have made a number of friends here and have enjoyed being a member here. I have also learned a number of important things here, and have been able to solve tough problems with the help of some outstanding and very knowledgeable members. I have tremendous respect for many people who post here, and find the noise ratio here pretty low, considering this is a public forum with very little moderation. I also deeply appreciate that Cakewalk brass and developers visit the site often and engage in very detailed spirited discussions from time to time. Right now they are probably hunkered down in launch mode for Sonar 8, but they are frequently here, and for that reason alone I consider this one of the better DAW forums on the net. Just my two bits. :)
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 18:12:04 (permalink)
even if he can't sepll wroth a danm.

Maybe it's his ploy to hide his arrogance?

Naw, CJ is good guy as are you space_cowboy (voth?) and John and jinga8 and Jim R and Scott and D K and a host (no pun intended) of others I can't seem to recall right now.
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 18:18:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bapu

... and a host (no pun intended) of others I can't seem to recall right now.

Hey, how could you forget me? I'm great and I'm not (very) arrogant.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

AJ_0000
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 738
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 18:19:54 (permalink)
I think there's a tradeoff. A lot of people who post here ask very basic questions, and they usually get helpful answers. Maybe the flipside of that is that some people become more impressed with their own depth of knowledge than they should be. Almost every time I've ever seen an engineer at the top of the profession interviewed, they're extremely humble about what they do.

While I don't begrudge the fact that some people who post here nearly every day have developed "online buddies" through this forum, I agree that sometimes the "social club" atmosphere gets out of hand. I won't go any further on that point.

All that said, the only thing I've ever seen here that really pissed me off is people manipulating this forum to advertise for other products, including Sonar competitors. Once it gets to the point where you can't trust that you're getting honest opinions, the forum becomes completely useless.

It seems to be pretty much the rule that anywhere you go on the internet you're going to have to sift through a mountain of BS to get to anything useful. On average, this forum is probably better than most.
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 18:29:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: cryophonik

ORIGINAL: bapu

... and a host (no pun intended) of others I can't seem to recall right now.

Hey, how could you forget me? I'm great and I'm not (very) arrogant.

I remember you, now.
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 18:42:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: AJ_0000

All that said, the only thing I've ever seen here that really pissed me off is people manipulating this forum to advertise for other products, including Sonar competitors. Once it gets to the point where you can't trust that you're getting honest opinions, the forum becomes completely useless.

I assume you're referring to the troll threads by steve_austin et al. I agree and I really wish the mods would take quicker action against that crap. It doesn't belong here. But those "members" seem to survive here without getting banned much longer than they would on other forums.

ORIGINAL: AJ_0000

It seems to be pretty much the rule that anywhere you go on the internet you're going to have to sift through a mountain of BS to get to anything useful. On average, this forum is probably better than most.

I agree. Take a look up and down the front page and the majority of threads are asking for help/advice and the majority of those seem to be getting solutions. Personally, I like the info:BS ratio on this forum (the 'fun' BS, not the flaming ones). If I'm not in the mood for the non-Sonar discussions, I just don't get involved.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1