Motu 828 MkII + Vista 32bit + Sonar 6.2, need help please...

Author
RRabbi
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 923
2008/04/02 10:45:02 (permalink)

Motu 828 MkII + Vista 32bit + Sonar 6.2, need help please...

I upgraded to Vista Home Premium to see how it'd work with Sonar 6.2.1 and my Motu 828 MkII (Firewire). I'm hearing horrible audio garble that I've NEVER heard before with my Motu on XP (i.e. i've heard the high pitched tones, the slowed down audio when the audio engine crashes, etc).

This is different. I've installed all new Vista drivers for my plugs (Wavearts, Voxengo) and i'm using the same buffer settings as I did in XP. I have a Ricoh FW chipset in my lappy that worked fine on XP.

Has anyone with the same setups noticed any similar issues? When I first installed Sonar 6, I got blue screens and had to reboot... caused by the MotuFWA drivers or something...

Since installing Sonar 6.0.1 and 6.2 and finally 6.2.1., no blue screens but the audio does crap out still after a while. I can re-create the issue by sliding the "now" slider during playback or dropping a new plugin into an FX bin.. Again, never had a problem in XP.

I have no problem going back to XP, but it seems like a shame. Especially if its fixable...

Dave

David Yanofsky
Green Room East - Moncton, NB - CANADA

http://www.greenroomeast.com
http://www.myspace.com/greenroomeast

1 Reply Related Threads

rjeynes
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Motu 828 MkII + Vista 32bit + Sonar 6.2, need help please... 2008/10/12 09:01:54 (permalink)
    Dave

Did you get anywhere with this? I've been having similar problems (not quite so severe) with using the MOTU 828 MkII and Sonar 7.02 since upgrading to Vista - if you use the Dpclat.exe latency checker, you'll see how poor this config is in Vista compared with XP. In my case, with a very fast dual core desktop, display updating is slowed, occasional BSOD from the MOTU drivers etc. Cakewalk tech support has been trying to help me for several weeks now by recommending re-installing everything, updating drivers etc. but performance remains poor - especially when I try and use a Mackie MCU control surface. My workaround has been to use a different interface (an EMU 040USB) for Midi, just using the MOTU for audio. Very disappointing: I am thinking of falling back to XP.

Roger Jeynes

Roger Jeynes
    Charborough Media 

Sonar Platinum - A&H Qu24 - MOTU 828MkII - i5-3570K - Windows 10
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1