Move clip edit functions to main context menu

Author
rcklln
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 421
2016/10/21 06:52:15 (permalink)
5 (1)

Move clip edit functions to main context menu

It would be more efficient to have the clip edit functions(especially delete) on the main right click context menu vs having to navigate to the Edit sub menu. I typically use the delete key but when I am holding an instrument I am using one hand to operate Sonar and the extra movement can be annoying. Would be easier to just right click-->delete.

1 Reply Related Threads

ricoskyl
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 327
    Re: Move clip edit functions to main context menu 2016/10/31 23:55:41 (permalink)
    As long as we're thinking about usability, how about a click combination (I have extra buttons on my mouse, or I could press the scroll wheel) to generate a custom context menu where we could perform any function where the cursor is located?  A "User Click" menu if you will.

As screen sizes continue to grow and multiple screens become more common, I think moving the cursor from button to button or pane to pane will take a higher toll on workflow.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
    Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
    ----------------------
    Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1