Moving Rapture's presets folder?

Author
auricle
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 492
2007/11/07 07:21:57 (permalink)

Moving Rapture's presets folder?

Techead's comments about moving moving the multisamples folder for Dimension Pro and Rapture has got me thinking.

1) If I moved all of Dimension Pro's and Rapture's multisamples to a single shared folder, would it mess anything up with presets in either program? I know that Rapture has a lot of .wav files in the top directory of the multisamples folder, for example.

2) Is it possible to move Rapture's presets folder? Currently, it resides in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\ and so on. If I can move it to my samples drive, I won't have to back up my own presets if I have to do a re-install.

4 Replies Related Threads

auricle
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 492
    RE: Moving Rapture's presets folder? 2007/11/07 09:25:28 (permalink)
    Thanks for the response Chad.

So there is no registry key that defines the presets folder? From the Project5 WIKI, there are two entries, a multisample key and content key that I notice points to c:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture what is that entry for?

ORIGINAL: Chad Beckwith [Cakewalk]

ORIGINAL: auricle

Techead's comments about moving moving the multisamples folder for Dimension Pro and Rapture has got me thinking.

1) If I moved all of Dimension Pro's and Rapture's multisamples to a single shared folder, would it mess anything up with presets in either program? I know that Rapture has a lot of .wav files in the top directory of the multisamples folder, for example.

2) Is it possible to move Rapture's presets folder? Currently, it resides in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\ and so on. If I can move it to my samples drive, I won't have to back up my own presets if I have to do a re-install.

Hi Auricle,

1) It's possible to merge Dimension Pro's and Rapture's multisample content into the same folder, as long as you change the contents paths for those respectively to each instrument.

2) You can store Dimension and Rapture Programs anywhere on your machine. However, in order for them to be populated inside of the Program Browser you'll need them to exist inside the application data folder.

Hope this helps,
    Chad

AndyW
    Max Output Level: -45.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2956
    Re:Moving Rapture's presets folder? 2009/11/01 21:08:42 (permalink)
    auricle

Just wanted to say "ThanX" for this important piece of data about Rapture's programs...saved me a ton of reinstall time going to my new Win 7 64 DAW.

Best,

AndyW

OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR

www.soundclick.com/andyw
    wetdentist
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1129
    Re:Moving Rapture's presets folder? 2009/11/02 18:44:19 (permalink)
    relocating Rapture is much trickier than it should be.  i pretty much installed EVERYTHING Rapture (program files, multisamples, etc) on the drive where i keep all my audio samples, since there is no registry entry available in Rapture to choose where you want the multisamples to be located.

3.5 Ghz AMD 6-Core/16 gigs RAM, Roland Quad-Capture, Win 10, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Komplete 10, z3ta+, Z3TA+ 2, Rapture, Maschine 2.7 (MKI & Jam), Melodyne 4 Studio, Ozone 4, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2, Schecter Damien Elite, Fender Sonoran w/TronicalTune Plus installed, etc 
    go here to hear Wet Dentist (2000-2016 RIP)
    my new sounds: The Das Kaput

AndyW
    Max Output Level: -45.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2956
    Re:Moving Rapture's presets folder? 2009/11/02 20:30:49 (permalink)
    You have to create the registry entry.  It was actually pretty easy to move the Rapture stuff from my win XP install to my Win 7 install.

see http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=1862403

Best,

AndyW

OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR

www.soundclick.com/andyw
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1