Moving WAI to Busses?

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2017/06/13 22:56:23 (permalink)

Moving WAI to Busses?

I have searched thru the manual and I cannot find it.  I know it is there somewhere.  

I am trying to get my Behringer X-Touch to handle the 8 or so busses.

Thanks
PS I should know this.  I have used Cake products since the Version 3 in maybe 90 or so.  91?  Early.  

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

8 Replies Related Threads

Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re: Moving WAI to Busses? 2017/06/14 02:16:03 (permalink)
    While Sonar is in view, Tap the Letter "P" on your Keyboard to bring up Preferences.
    *Under Midi, click Control Surfaces
    *Click the yellow star and add your Controller.
    *For Controller, select Mackie Control
    *For your input Port, select the Behringer X touch In
    *For your Out Put, select the  Behringer X touch out
    *Click OK
    *Now you should see your Behringer X touch there, make sure it set for Mackie Control.   Select the color for WAI (Make it

something you will see) when you click the drop-down arrow.

(Sorry the photo is for the V Control)

*At the bottom of the page, click track view, Console view, and all strips. Then click apply.

*Now, on the Xtouch select the button for AUX or BUS, then tap the Fader Bank Button and you should see the WAI color move when you bank for the AUX or BUS when selected. 

This is how it works for the Mackie Control Universal.

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    space_cowboy
    Re: Moving WAI to Busses? 2017/06/14 04:13:35 (permalink)
    Thanks Jesse
    My X Touch is set up exactly like yours except for the V-Control instead of X-Touch.  

The WAI on the track page is not syncing with that on the console page.  And I cannot get it to move to the buses.  I have tried hitting AUX or BUS and fader bank or Channel.  Nada.  f

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Moving WAI to Busses? 2017/06/14 05:55:07 (permalink)
    For visibility, check "WAI Display" and "Control Strips Visible in" settings.

For correct location of the "Bus" button:

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    space_cowboy
    Re: Moving WAI to Busses? 2017/06/14 14:08:14 (permalink)
    wow thanks.  i would  have never gotten there without this.

SOmeone was selling overlays for the x-touch for Sonar.  I put my name on the thread of folks that wanted one, but I got diverted with life and did not follow up. 

space_cowboy
    Re: Moving WAI to Busses? 2017/06/14 14:16:50 (permalink)
    az i stored this on my desktop wallpaper so I have fewer stupid questions in the future.  Thanks man!

Jesse G
    Re: Moving WAI to Busses? 2017/06/14 15:12:37 (permalink)
    Azslow3

Where did you get the Sonar overlay for the X-touch?  Does it come with it?

The MCU is getting a bit old but it still works.   I was thinking of getting another controller  but I don't want to spend a lot for it.

Peace,

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Moving WAI to Busses? 2017/06/14 20:12:33 (permalink)
    Jesse G
    Where did you get the Sonar overlay for the X-touch?  Does it come with it?

The picture is from Gimp (a kind of Photoshop). I do not have the device so I have not made it is correct absolute size to be printable as an overlay. There are links to Behringer forum with printable Sonar overlay as PDF (not from me).

The MCU is getting a bit old but it still works.   I was thinking of getting another controller  but I don't want to spend a lot for it.

Big X-Touch COMPLETELY replicate MCU functionality (the picture was made as a part of a prove). But:
    1) some people report faders are louder. Also faders are moving in "steps" instead of smooth when following automations
    2) at least X-Touch Compact has low resolution faders (original MCU faders are 10bit, X-Touch Compact 7bit). No-one has reported big X-Touch real resolution so far.

There was one single success report about ICon Pro with latest firmware, all other reports was "fail".

Faderport 8 has insufficient number of controls to emulate MCU.

Avid units are not cheaper, have own plug-in which is not open source and there are several compatibilities reports.

SSL Nucleus is more expensive, has not invested a single cent to support Sonar and blame CW for all problems (while as with ICon the only possible problem can be incomplete MCU emulation).

So original Mackie units are still in there own class, cheaper, equal and even more expensive alternatives have some disadvantages.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Jesse G
    Re: Moving WAI to Busses? 2017/06/15 01:28:30 (permalink)
    Thanks azslow3,

I guess I am  keeping the MCU until it dies...

Peace,

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1