Multiple MIDI devices in Kinetic 2

Author
DJNightTerror
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/03/14 02:23:16 (permalink)

Multiple MIDI devices in Kinetic 2

Hi, I was just wondering if I could use two separate keyboards at once, in fact, I'd like to know if I could ''lock'' a MIDI device into a specific part, so I could, for exemple, use the device #1 on Part 3 and the device #2 on Part 5, I know that it can be done with the MIDI Remote Control option, to control the volume, pan, etc, but I like to use Kinetic 2 as my sample library for my keyboards. So I'd like to know if there's a way to play two different sound with my keyboards. All I was able to do, except assigning a certain key to trigger the volume, pan, etc, was to play the same part with my two keyboards. So I'm asking you if there's something I didn't saw, if there's a way to assign a MIDI Device to only one part. Thanks

1 Reply Related Threads

kine321
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 438
    Re:Multiple MIDI devices in Kinetic 2 2011/03/20 17:50:56 (permalink)
    First, you need to elaborate on what you're trying to do. Are you needing this setup for live performance / DJ ???

You can easily do what you're looking to do except, it can't be done with kinetic. If you're looking to use the sounds in k, those sounds are simply coming from the roland groove synth which can be used outside of k. You can use it in any of the Sonar versions, but not the Music creator versions. I know... pointless move! CW never did remove the stupid limitation from the plug-in.

Kinetic doesn't have midi channel mapping for each track like MC & Sonar has. With these programs, you simply choose the device you want to use for each track just like you're looking to do. Remember... the groove synth will only work in kinetic & sonar versions including the sonar home studio versions.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1