Music Create 3 Not working again.

Author
dennisva
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2008/10/19 09:30:44 (permalink)

Music Create 3 Not working again.

Hi to all, I thought I would be celebrating already when I was able to finally configured MC 3 in our laptop. But that's my wife's laptop so yesterday I bought a desktop PC called ACER L5100 ( OS is VISTA ) and took note of the following things I thought would help me replicate the successful process I did in the laptop. But to my demise. It looks like things have gotten worse.

1,) Right now, the VIRTUAL SOUND CANVASS is not even coming out.
2.) Input driver is not even in the selection screen. Only the output driver is there.
3.) I am not able to do a wave profiler. It just goes blank after pressing enter.
4.) I am not able to record MIDI also. Even this basic stuff is none operational.
5.) Another, worse thing that happenned, I tried to open MC3 in my wife's laptop, it was now giving me an error message sying I need to re-install MC 3 to it again.

These are the things I did when I installed MC 3 in this new desktop,
1.)I disabled UAC first in VISTA before installing.
2.)in the Audio Options-> Advance -> I selected MME-32 Bit ( Because that's what I remembered doing in the laptop)
3.)I wanted to choose the input driver but it was not available in the selection list under, AUDIO-OPTIONS --> DRIVER-->

Hope somebody could give me some advise what to do and what else I need to check

1 Reply Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Music Create 3 Not working again. 2008/10/19 14:12:41 (permalink)
    Vista OS.... oops.... you need to upgrade to MC4. 3 doesn't work well with Vista.

You'll need to upgrade... just download MC4 from the CAKE site for $35 and you're all set... you can keep MC3 on the XP laptop, and swap files back and forth with no problems.

What kind of soundcard are you using in the desk & the laptop?

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1