Music Creator 5 does not recognize UA-25EX as a Out Midi device

Author
Gabi1940
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/06/21 21:40:39 (permalink)

Music Creator 5 does not recognize UA-25EX as a Out Midi device

My computer runs on Windows 7 64 bit. I have a UA-25EX with 2 big Yamaha speakers. I have Music Creator 5 that works fine with audio tracks when I set UA-25EX as In and Out Audio devices and Asio as driver.
But when I want to work with Midi tracks with an equivalent setup, no sound comes out of the speakers. The only way of getting sound is to declare the MS GS wavetable synth as the Out Midi device.
I must have looked at more than an hundred references on the net coming from people having the same problem. However no one seems to have overcomed that issue. The Microsoft synth does not allow another synth to act as the Out Midi device whatever how clever their solutions are. It acts as the default device without any possibility to promote another device as the default device.
Does anyone knows better ?

3 Replies Related Threads

Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:Music Creator 5 does not recognize UA-25EX as a Out Midi device 2011/06/21 22:12:21 (permalink)
    Are you trying to send the Midi data to an external synth? If not, then the problem isn't Midi output. If you're not using an external synth, then your other option is to use one of the soft synths that come with your program. I don't have the manual that comes with your product so I can't tell you how to set that up.

Here is a link to a YouTube video showing how to use soft synths in Music Creator 5. Maybe this will help get you started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOtzoabOaGM
    Gabi1940
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Music Creator 5 does not recognize UA-25EX as a Out Midi device 2011/06/22 15:54:47 (permalink)
    I followed your suggestion and watched the video on You Tube.  I cannot explain the procedure but it gave me a starting point for the solution of my problem.
    Before when I created a track, I declared it as a Midi track but this time I did like the guy in the video and instead of asking a Midi track, I asked an Instrument track, then I specified what instrument I wanted to create .
    That seemed to work because with my UA-25EX declared as the OUT Midi device I could hear the sound from my speakers.

So thank you so much for your valuable suggestion and I will try to understand what happened....
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:Music Creator 5 does not recognize UA-25EX as a Out Midi device 2011/06/22 17:18:04 (permalink)
    If you're using soft synths, their output is audio, not midi. You need midi data to send to the soft synth and an audio track to play the soft synth's sounds.

So you can have three components using midi to play a soft synth. A midi track with its Output a soft synth. The inserted soft synth, and an audio track with the soft synth as its Input. Midi track data goes into the soft synth. Soft synth data goes into an audio track.

An Instrument track like in the video is a combination of a midi and audio track. What you need to learn is how to take a normal Midi track and send that data to a soft synth and how to send the soft synth data to an audio track. Personally, I think using an instrument track in that video was a pretty dumb idea since it does not explain how midi tracks, soft synths and audio tracks work together.

One thing about instrument tracks is that you can click and drag midi clips from midi tracks onto an instrument track and it will play them.

I suggest looking up anything about soft synths in your help file and manual. Once you get the hang of it you can use any midi track with any soft synth and hear the sounds like you need to hear them. I wish I could give you more specific advice but without knowing how your program does things like insert soft synths and the options you have when inserting them I might give you some bad info that would only confuse the issue further.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1