Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR

Author
jozza777
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2010/12/05 10:10:02 (permalink)

Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR

Hi, I am new to recording software and I wonder if you can help me- I recently bought Music Creator 5 and when I use it it says "AmpliTubeXGEAR (Track: 'Guitar')"
is missing. I was a bit worried when I installed MC5, because on the same laptop I also have Sonar 7 LE (I bought MC5 because Sonar was too complicated for me). So I was worried when I installed MC5 that Sonar might confuse it in some way?? And I wonder if thats why it can't find the plugin AmpliTubeXGEAR (Track: 'Guitar').

So, two questions I guess,
1. Is it ok to have both Sonar and Music Creator 5 on the same machine
2. Can someone show me how to install AmpliTubeXGEAR?

Thanks very much
Joram

16 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/05 10:54:51 (permalink)
    It's okay to have SHS 7 and MC 5 installed on the same computer. If you like the way MC 5 looks and is easier for you, you can still use the software synthesizers and audio effects that came with SHS 7 in MC 5.
    That Amplitube thing, though, I can't say how to fix, but it's a not uncommon problem so the solution is in here somewhere.
    I'll take a look.
    What's your operating system? Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit OS? How much RAM? What sound card are you using?
    Welcome to the forum.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    57Gregy
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/05 11:28:19 (permalink)
    I know I've seen folks here with that exact same Ampltube problem, but I sure can't find those posts now.
    I searched both Ampltube and he common misspelling Amplitude and got lots of hits (I didn't read every one) but nothing specifically mentioning a fix.
    Interesting that I got more hits with the misspelling than with the correct spelling.
    Anyway, I'm sure someone with more specific info will be along soon. In the meantime, don't worry about it. Click the 'Don't Show This Message' button (if there is one) and continue the learning process.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.

jozza777
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/05 11:35:21 (permalink)
    Hi thanks for the reply. My computer is Windows Vista 32 bit OS RAM 2gb. I'm using a Cakewalk UA-25EX Digital-audio convertor.
    Thanks
    Joram

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/05 12:23:14 (permalink)
    OK.... the Amplitube product is a seperate install. If you got the Boxed version... it is on the disk. If you selected the default install, as opposed to custom, it should have been installed automatically.

It is not installed in the same directory as MC5.

Look in: Program Files> IKMultimedia and see if the file folder is in there.... Amplitude.

you might simply need to tell MC5 where to find the DLL file. If you find amplitude there..... go into the cakewalk plugin manager (top menu bar) and navigate to the amplitude location in the manager and add it to the scan list at start..... rescan and it should now be able to be found.

note: once you open it, be sure to register it with the IK servers so it will work in the full mode and not just in demo mode.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    57Gregy
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/05 20:56:21 (permalink)
    Maybe you need the MC 5 update. The link for it is in one of the posts at the top of the page.

Greg 

Guitarhacker
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/06 08:09:39 (permalink)
    Updates are generally always a good idea, especially if something isn't working right.

It the software/hardware  works.... I do evaluate the benefits vs risks to do the update.

I've had a few updates however that have  solved big problems.....

BMI/NSAI

Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/06 08:49:01 (permalink)
    some people have had a problem finding it because of the VST scanner and the path is not in the default directory.  I don't remember - the update might have added that directory to the scan path.

regardless, make sure amplitube's install directory is in the scan path at OPTIONS>GLOBAL>VST PLUGINS
    and then hit the scan button

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    jozza777
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/08 17:30:37 (permalink)
    Well, I tried doing the various suggestions and they didn't seem to work. I then updated to MC5.5 and thats fixed it. Only now, it's saying SI-Drum kit (Synth Rack) is missing. To be honest I'm not that bothered by that, I think as I learn more about the software I'll work it out, unless anyone has any bright ideas.  
    Thanks
    Joram
    Beagle
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/09 18:09:59 (permalink)
    it should be the same deal as the amplitube - it should be picked up by the vst scanner as long as it's in the path folders settings.

check the plugin manager and make sure it's listed in the VSTi types.

RockingChair
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 803
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/10 09:20:29 (permalink)
    jozza777

Well, I tried doing the various suggestions and they didn't seem to work. I then updated to MC5.5 and thats fixed it. Only now, it's saying SI-Drum kit (Synth Rack) is missing. To be honest I'm not that bothered by that, I think as I learn more about the software I'll work it out, unless anyone has any bright ideas.  
    Thanks
    Joram

Do you have any freeware synths installed? If so try going into plug in manager and select only the MC5 plug in directories and scan only those to see if that helps.

I had a a similar problem a while back in MC5 and when I would select to load the SI-Drums it would load something else, same with all the other synths installed at the time.

I removed all the freeware stuff and scanned only the MC5 directories  and it solved my problem.  Then I re-downloaded the freeware synths and reinstalled them and haven't had any more problems. I dunno, maybe it was a corrupted file, not sure. Just thought I'd mention this incase it might help.

Good Luck.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!

Bobby

jozza777
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/16 03:05:36 (permalink)

Ok.. I've tried loads of different things. The first problem I had earlier on in this post was that MC5 wouldn't acknowledge AmpliTubeXGEAR as a VST Plugin. I could open AmpliTubeXGEAR as a stand alone program on my computer, but MC5 couldn't find it. 
    I upgraded to MC5.5 which solved the problem, (AmpliTube now works) but I lost Studio Instruments-Drum Kit in the process.
    I have scanned VST Plugins from the MC5 Plugin manager. I searched through C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/VST Plugins, moved SI-Drum Kit into it, right next to AmpliTubeXGEAR, it scans and finds AmpliTubeXGEAR, but it won't acknowledge SI-Drum Kit. I have searched through SI-Drum Kit files to make sure the .dll file and the.exe files are there, they are, but it still won't acknowledge SI-Drum Kit when scanned from Music Creator 5 VST plug-in manager.

I uninstalled Sonar 8.5 LE, which I also have on my computer, because I thought that may be confusing it in some way.. no result. The trouble is now, I have moved files around so much from different places trying to get the VST scanner to acknowledge them that some have them have got messed up, so now another plugin called Sonitus:fx Equalizer won't open in MC5 and Studio Instruments-Drum Kit won't open at all.

I'm now considering uninstalling Music Creator 5 and reinstalling it to see if that works. Is that advisable? I'm new to DAW software and computers in general so I'd appreciate some help if anyone can.
    I guess I'd need to delete all the plugins as well because otherwise they may be duplicated when I reinstall? Plus all the folders are messed up so I need them to reinstalled into the right place. 
    Some of the Plugins don't seem to be listed in the Control Panel (Windows Vista) should I just delete them from the Program Files folder? 
    My computer is Windows Vista 32 bit OS RAM 2gb. I'm using a Cakewalk UA-25EX Digital-audio convertor.

I'm missing
    SI-Drum Kit (Synth Rack)
    Sonitus:fx Equalizer 

Installed Ok
    PSYN II
    GroovePlayer
    Cakewalk TTS-1
    AmpliTubeXGEAR
    StudioDevil BVC
    CakeWalk Sound Centre

Thanks,
    Joz

Guitarhacker
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/16 07:37:25 (permalink)
    OK... a little bit of info on the scanner, the file tree and what it's actually looking for in those files.

All the VST.s and FX run from a DLL file. (don't ask me about the details...that's all I know) The scanner is looking for the DLL file in the directory or file where you are telling it to look.

Here's what I have done. I have a VST directory, and if the new fx or synth does NOT install itself into that directory ...I go and find the file it is hiding in and I COPY the DLL file and paste a COPY into the VST directory... then I rescan the plugs with the manager.

If you pay close attention to the scan window, you can see each and every file it scans.....the small ones go quick, the bigger synths and FX take a few seconds as they load.  You need only scan it one time.  I have my auto scan on startup turned off so I get into MC faster. I scan only when I add something new.

I have ONE master directory for all the FX and VST's and then sub folders for the various 3rd party stuff.

BMI/NSAI

Beagle
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/16 08:47:53 (permalink)
    Ok.. I've tried loads of different things. The first problem I had earlier on in this post was that MC5 wouldn't acknowledge AmpliTubeXGEAR as a VST Plugin. I could open AmpliTubeXGEAR as a stand alone program on my computer, but MC5 couldn't find it. 
    I upgraded to MC5.5 which solved the problem, (AmpliTube now works) but I lost Studio Instruments-Drum Kit in the process.
    I have scanned VST Plugins from the MC5 Plugin manager. I searched through C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/VST Plugins, moved SI-Drum Kit into it, right next to AmpliTubeXGEAR, it scans and finds AmpliTubeXGEAR, but it won't acknowledge SI-Drum Kit. I have searched through SI-Drum Kit files to make sure the .dll file and the.exe files are there, they are, but it still won't acknowledge SI-Drum Kit when scanned from Music Creator 5 VST plug-in manager.

can you post a screen shot of your plugin manager?

jozza777
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/16 13:02:14 (permalink)
    Hmm I could try that. I've been cutting and pasting various files around and have ended up confusing myself. I can try and do what you say and keep all the DLL files in one folder, is that what you mean? I reckon it still wouldn't acknowledge Studio Instruments though but I'll try it. I have posted a screen shot below of the plugin manager, and also a screen shot of the cakewalk directory if that's af any use thanks

Beagle
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/16 13:21:33 (permalink)
    ok - but you're showing us the amplitube and I thought you got that to work?  I wanted to see where you said you had Studio Instruments drums listed in the plugin manager but couldn't get it to show up in the menus.

RockingChair
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 803
    Re:Music Creator 5 is missing AmpliTubeXGEAR 2010/12/16 14:33:50 (permalink)
    jozza777

Hmm I could try that. I've been cutting and pasting various files around and have ended up confusing myself. I can try and do what you say and keep all the DLL files in one folder, is that what you mean? I reckon it still wouldn't acknowledge Studio Instruments though but I'll try it. I have posted a screen shot below of the plugin manager, and also a screen shot of the cakewalk directory if that's af any use thanks

Try this, from the plug in manager screen that you have posted above :

Where it says "Registered Plug in (2 Found)" in the middle window click on the plug in you are wanting to add,

"ADD PLUGIN" should be selectable.  Press "ADD PLUGIN" and the plug in you selected in the middle window should list in far right window after you select it. 

Add the plug ins you are wanting to use. After your done :

Where it says "Layout File" above the far right window, click in that window and type a name you want to use to save the list of plug ins you added to, I have mine named "Vst".

Save that file by selecting the "disk symbol" in the upper right. Alternatively you can hit close and it will ask you if you want to save the file, and you can select yes to name it there also.

After saving the file "With the name you added".

Right click in effects, you will see where you can select the file you just named, scroll down and select it.  Make sure there's a check mark by that file. The files you just added should now be selectable. If not, double check to make sure there's a check mark showing by the file you named again.

I had to do this for soft synths also, I created a seperate file for synths. Keep in mind, your soft synths are not going to show up in that list if you are trying to add them as a VST effect.

I hope I explained this correctly, if not perhaps somebody can explain this a little better. Now that I see the picture, I've had this problem before.

Good luck,

Happy Holidays!!!!

Bobby

post edited by RockingChair - 2010/12/16 14:37:37

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1