Helpful ReplyMusic Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working?

Author
visog
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2014/03/15 06:03:47 (permalink)

Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working?

Hi,

On the edit tool, I'm trying to activate 'last touched' note duration on the edit tool but I can't select this option from the pick-list!?

Picking each note duration individually is a real bind - please someone help me out!

visog

P.S. Am I the only person who uses the (mostly) fantastic score editors in Cakewalk's products...
visog
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/03/25 15:12:54 (permalink)
Anyone? If you use the score editor, are you able to select and use 'Last Touched' to set your note duration when adding notes with the cursor?

I can't and I wondered if it was just me or perhaps a more general bug?

Let me know either well as that would help...

Visog
57Gregy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/03/25 15:23:46 (permalink)
Do you mean the Staff View? Or is Score Editor something else?
What edit tool and where is the option to select last touched note duration?

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/03/25 15:29:21 (permalink)
The last note duration .... to the best of my recollection and knowledge, is set in the note resolution tab in staff view.

Once it is set, all the notes entered will be that duration unless altered manually. I also seem to remember that if I click on a note to edit it, the next note I enter would be of the same value in duration..... so it might be an ongoing thing.

I rarely use that staff view now. I still will do an occasional midi edit but not often since I now work almost exclusively with audio tracks. The longer I am away from a certain function the quicker t becomes a foggy area in my memory.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
visog
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/03/26 02:17:31 (permalink)
Yes I mean the Staff View and Guitarhacker is right, in earlier versions of MC, you could click on an existing note and then the next note you create will be of the same length. Now, in MC6, you have to select this property but it is unselectable in the pull-down of note values. 

I tried raising a case on the support site but heard nothing back in over a month - is this normal?

visog
Guitarhacker
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/03/26 10:02:23 (permalink)
Next time I'm in the DAW I'll open MC6 and look this up and report back.

BMI/NSAI

Guitarhacker
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/03/26 15:46:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby visog 2014/03/28 16:32:21
OK so I opened the DAW and loaded MC6 and a midi project.

In staff view... played and recorded some notes.  In this project, I set the snap to grid to quarter note and clicked to enter a note.  I was a quarter like I expected it to be.  I probably touched a quarter note before doing this......

Next I looked to where I had some  shorter notes.... I right click the note and it shows duration to be 319. I click on it to select it as "last touched" and click to create a new note waa laaa...... the new note has a duration of 360.... not exact but very close.

I next select a quarter note as last touched and create a new note.... it's a quarter note.

I click on a quarter and change it to a half note.  I click on something else to change the last touched.... the come back to the half note, click it as last touched and create a new note...... the new note is a half.

So the last touched feature is still totally functional in MC6 and.....the snap to settings do not affect the notes inputted....

BMI/NSAI

visog
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/03/28 16:44:47 (permalink)
Guitarhacker,

Thanks for taking the time to try this for me and sorry for the tardy reply - been away.

> Next I looked to where I had some  shorter notes.... I right click the note and it shows duration to be 319. I click on > it to select it as "last touched" and click to create a new note waa laaa...... the new note has a duration of 360....
> not exact but very close.

In my build, I just get the note value I last selected from the pull-down!? Did you get a tick next to 'Last Touched' in the note duration pull-down list? I don't.

> I next select a quarter note as last touched and create a new note.... it's a quarter note.

Just to clarify, you're simply left clicking a note - no other operation? And it's the draw tool you're using?

Guitarhacker
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/03/31 07:54:28 (permalink)
yes, the drawing tool, and left click to hear it, drag it or on the staff to insert a new note.

a right click on a note opens it's note property window.

BMI/NSAI

visog
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/04/01 14:59:01 (permalink)
Thanks for the replies. I still couldn't get it working until the helpful Phil of CW Tech Support offered me this:

"When I pull up the Tool HUD by hitting T in the Staff View, right click on the Note Draw button and select Last Touched.  Then, go back to this Tool HUD by hitting T and even though the value stays on the last note value that was selected, the window has Last Touched selected."

I didn't even know about the HUD - which is 'Duh!' backwards - very appropriate for me!
Guitarhacker
Re: Music Creator 6 - Score editor: have you got 'last touched' note duration working? 2014/04/02 08:12:52 (permalink)
I've been an MC fan for years and never knew that either....

BMI/NSAI

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1