Music Creator or Home Studio XL?

Author
confusedbuyer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2005/12/26 10:14:43 (permalink)

Music Creator or Home Studio XL?

Hi, I'm thinking of buying one of these programs, they seem very similar. Do you think you could help me decide which program would be best for me?

Here's what I'd like to do:
Take samples from CD's or records and mix them to create songs.
Record live tracks through a microphone and mix them, as if I had my own recording studio

That's kind of it. If one of the programs has beats and samples already that would help too.

I spent a lot of time on my parents Mac playing with Garage Band. I'm looking for something kind of similar.

2 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Music Creator or Home Studio XL? 2005/12/26 12:28:11 (permalink)
    As far as what you want to do both will do, Mucis Creator is a light version of sonar 1, where Home sutio is a light version of soanr 4 and quite advanced in comparision. Both do a good job, but if you can afford SHS$ XL then go that way.

Now to address the similarity to garageband, while i said both will do, that is true, however they are not much like garageband, Cakewalk is more of a full featured myltitracker, designed for blending midi work with audio tracks, garageband which i compare to Sony's Acid Pro, is basically a loop based programs with the ability to add live recorded tracks into that Environment. One thing you could do, even though it will cost you a tad more, is to buy Cakewalk MC($40), and Acid studio($70) and see which one make the most sense to you. Then later upgrade the one you want to the better version , maybe Sonar 5 P.E. for Cake or Pro 5.0 for Acid.

You might want to take a look at Cakewalk's Plasma or Kinetic as well.
    post edited by Robomusic - 2005/12/26 12:48:31

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    joeh20_444
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 865
    RE: Music Creator or Home Studio XL? 2005/12/26 16:08:06 (permalink)
    Project5 2 from cake would be better to look for than plasma. Project5 is a very loop-and-synth based program. You can download a demo from cake's site.

Joe
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1