[Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production)

Author
Tombo
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 988
2008/06/10 06:19:23 (permalink)

[Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production)

To those who've heard it before and contributed comment, this is version 5 of I Want to Hold On to You, featuring live drums by Joe Bush, Bass by Lenny Lee and production by Joe Bush.

I am lucky to live within 20 minutes or so of a talented producer/engineer (Joe Bush), and it was a h3ll of a lot of fun to go into the studio and record some background vocals a week or so ago; and watch Joe slice and dice my song at the board, while I heard all my flaws through some 15" Genelecs...LOL...

All comments welcome, but personally, I think that contributions of Joe and Lenny took and "OK" song and made it worthy of a listen. :D

Here's the link, or please visit my SoundClick or Broadjam Pages:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3u.m3u?id=5926610&q=hi

Music, Lyrics, Guitars, Vocals: Mark Petruzzi
Drums, Percussion, Synth: Joe Bush
Bass: Lenny Lee

Best, Mark

Broadjam.com*SoundClick

'It ain't what people don't know that hurts them, it's what they know that ain't so." -Josh Billings

8 Replies Related Threads

Mamabear
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8954
    RE: [Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production) 2008/06/10 07:10:05 (permalink)
    Just beautiful! You've got a beautiful voice. I seriously thought I was listening to the radio. Great stuff!
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    RE: [Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production) 2008/06/10 10:33:02 (permalink)
    I'm glad you followed this one thru Mark! The mix is very well defined and pro sounding, at least to my ears. Your vox is always good and the harmony lines added to this in a big way. Bass-line is spot on, and I love the staccato electric guitar picking that contributes to the dynamics of this wonderful tune. I think you have a 'hit' here..

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: [Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production) 2008/06/10 15:25:05 (permalink)
    That was smooth. Well done Mark.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    spacey
    • Total Posts : 8769
    RE: [Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production) 2008/06/10 17:16:15 (permalink)
    Mark that sounds wonderful on my end.
    Enjoyed the tones from all the instruments including your singing...very nice.

Thumbs up,
    Michael
    tdye
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1926
    RE: [Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production) 2008/06/10 18:48:27 (permalink)
    Mark, beautiful vocals. I really like the lyrics. The mix is perfect and very well produced. Crisp, clean. A great arrangement. Very professional piece in all aspects. Wow! Can’t say enough good things about it.

Tom
    http://www.soundclick.com/tomdye
    http://www.ourstage.com/profile/tomdye
    http://twitter.com/tom_dye

Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 w/HyperThreading 3.2GHz, 3 GB Ram, Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
    Sonar 8 Producer Edition, Rapture, Project5
    Tombo
    RE: [Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production) 2008/06/10 21:46:55 (permalink)
    Mamabear~ Thank you! I sometime wonder about my voice, as I am a “lazy” singer at times, allowing too much vibrato into some of the early phrasing! It is nice to hear that you like my work here! BTW, I did “Friends”...nice work there.

Larry! I’ve been scarce again, I know, but I’ve been noticing your success with folks listening to your songs on SoundClick...well done, and thanks for your comments on this one. Yeah...trying to focus a bit on developing some of my work further, before going to far down the road on new stuff. It helps me to work with a producer who likes my work.

Shad, Micheal, Tom…

Thank you for weighing in on this with encouraging words. Now, time to put in some time around here on a few listens myself!

Broadjam.com*SoundClick

'It ain't what people don't know that hurts them, it's what they know that ain't so." -Josh Billings
    ToneCarver
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1655
    RE: [Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production) 2008/06/11 00:47:05 (permalink)
    Mark,
    First class production on this. Great vocals, with a really honest heart to heart delivery. Excellent.
    Tombo
    RE: [Music] I Want to Hold On To You (Full Production) 2008/06/14 22:59:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ToneCarver

Mark,
    First class production on this. Great vocals, with a really honest heart to heart delivery. Excellent.

Bill, thank you for the listen! I appreciate your comments!

Best,

Mark

Broadjam.com*SoundClick

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1