MusicianLink?

Author
Icullus
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2011/10/08 19:49:24 (permalink)

MusicianLink?

Hello all, I have been researching ways to play with a former band member in a different state. I have only been able to find this hardware to do it. I;m sure there is other ways out there, but my searches came up short on anything but this. The site is www.musicianlink.com. They sell hardware that you plug into and plug into your router. They claim you can play with someone 500 miles away and have no latency. My question is a a two parter, is this a legit device? and Can I plug my guitar into my vs-20 then the vs-20 will be into the pc but I'd also route the output of the vs-20 to the link box that musicianlink sells. I'd figure I'd be able to have a microphone(for talking to others) and my guitar pluged into the vs-20. Does the vs-20 rca outs send the fx signal or does the pc that it is hooked into send that back? New with recording altogether. From what I've read it seems the rca outs send the fxs cause they are built into the control surface. The jam link hardware has independant 1/8" headphone and mic inputs and a 1/4" instrument input. I have headphones and the vs-20 and a guitar so all id need is a mic(and the jam link of course). Or I seen on there web page to set up multible things you can send a mixer to it. So I guess that is the ultimate question that I'm asking. Is the vs-20 a suitable mixer to send directly to this jam link? Also if there are other ways to play with some one a few hundred miles away I'm all ears. Thanks a bunch guys Mike

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1