Mute bug SONAR/EWQLSO release trails & mute/solo unfixed.

Author
thndrsn
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 475
2005/08/13 07:52:02 (permalink)

Mute bug SONAR/EWQLSO release trails & mute/solo unfixed.

Hi,
It appears that if there is any part that SONAR plays in the bug whereby EWQLSO Gold release trails play in SONAR 4PE muted tracks after the second playback, it was not fixed by the 4.0.3 update. That is a bit of a disappointment for me, since CW tech support had emailed me that they had reproduced the bug back in June, and I assumed that they were working on it to include it in this 4.0.3 update. The workaround is to mute the tracks in Kompakt as well as in SONAR, but it's an inefficient solution. Something's broke here, and it didn't get fixed.
--thndrsn

Beethoven was right: the bigger the stream, the deeper the tone.

2 Replies Related Threads

Steve_Karl
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2534
    RE: Mute bug SONAR/EWQLSO release trails & mute/solo unfixed. 2005/08/14 16:44:30 (permalink)
    The fix for me is to use DXi and not vst.
    This also fixes the menu issue in Piano Roll ... on the left where you select the controller
    numbers.

I've not seen any performance difference between VST and DXi other than DXi mode
    doesn't have the mute problem and the controller menu problem.

Steve

Steve Karl
    https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
    SPLAT 2017.01
    thndrsn
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 475
    RE: Mute bug SONAR/EWQLSO release trails & mute/solo unfixed. 2005/08/16 02:32:12 (permalink)
    Steve_Karl,
    Thanks.

You can do that???

I thought I heard somewhere that using the VST instruments was best. (Perhaps I'm getting confused with recommendations that were made for the UAD-1. It sounds like the question of which is better, VST or DXi, is on a case-by-case basis.)

Unfortunately, though, I'm using a dedicated VST computer for half of my orchestra, and plugging into SONAR via FXTeleport, so DXi is not an option for the teleported instances. (Well, I suppose that's why Kompakt comes equipped with mute buttons. )

--thndrsn

Beethoven was right: the bigger the stream, the deeper the tone.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1