My HP Laptop is RIP and I need info????

Author
spudler_t
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 39
2011/05/20 10:12:03 (permalink)

My HP Laptop is RIP and I need info????

Hi , I am happy to say I had Accidental Death insurance on my HP laptop so I was able to get a new Super Beast of a Laptop but I have found with every single item i have been using, GP5, GP6, EZDrummer, S2.0, LOTE, DFH etc. etc. etc.  I am left with Validation/Registration Id's and Keys that are worthless.
I was lucky enough to get a ASUS G73-SW With the following
Intel Core i7 Quad 2.9Ghz Processors with 8 way processing
8Gb DDR3 1333 Memory expandable to 16Gb
Nvidia Geforce GTX460m W/ 1.5Gb Dedicated
750Gig HD
Realtek HD Audio W/ Creative THX Tru Studio
I am just trying to get a jump on Issues I will have attempting to Install my Sonar X1 Essential and Sonar HS7 on my new monster Machine,  I am interested in seeing how well the USB3.0 works also, Actually this thing has so much new technology I will be busy for awhile just learning all the Bells and Whistles it alone has besides reinstalling all of my Music Creating and Recording Software.

2 Replies Related Threads

jbow
    Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7601
    Re:My HP Laptop is RIP and I need info???? 2011/05/20 13:50:36 (permalink)
    Cool.

The only interface I have noticed that claims USB 3.0 "compatability" is the RME Babyface. Perhaps others do too, that is just one of the few I have looked at lately. Note, they do not say that the BF has USB 3.0 but that it will work with it, so they may be saying nothing.

I am using a dm4-1165dx. It is a lowly i5 but seems to get aong quite well. I picked it over its big brother because this one has a 7200 RPM 500g HD. The more expensive one had a 750g HD but it was 5200 RP. I also have an e-sata port if I need more speed. I bet you will be just screaming along with that machine. Computers, particularly laptops, seem to have made a quantum leap in the last year with the i3, i5, and i7 chips and Windows 7 64 bit processing. I think you are in "high cotton"!!

Julien

Sonar Platinum
    Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
    HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
    spudler_t
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re:My HP Laptop is RIP and I need info???? 2011/06/21 08:37:51 (permalink)
    Thanks, Sorry I was so late at replying, I have been laid up alot with my pinched nerve in my back along with what seems to be less hours in a day( Although I still count 24 of them). I finally was able to get all my Software Installed and upgraded and you are right this laptop is awesome, I can have a couple audio tracks, Superior Drummer with Metal Foundry SDX (set with 5 Gigs of Sound files in RAM) and all of the FX the Presets load and use in real time and the laptop just yawns and acts like it is in idle mode I havent even heard the cooling fans over 20% yet.
    What just boggles my mind is this (Laptop) Which I had been told were NOT usable in this situation is at minimum 10X the speed and ability of what my Desktop was.
    The Speed,RAM, and ability to process info between my HP which was the Machine to get back in 09 and the ASUS G73SW I have now is not even comparable, Actually it is about the same differance Between a 80's Ford Festiva and a 2011 1000HP Super Snake Shelby is working on.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1