My MIDI does not play.........????

Author
rock_street@yahoo.com
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 131
2005/06/11 12:26:46 (permalink)

My MIDI does not play.........????

hi here is one newbie question......
my midid file doesnot play in sonar ...not even teh one i make over there..??
I have selected midi I/o as MIA MIDI which is shown in teh midi i/o selection box...but why is it not playing....??

IS anyone...here to help me.?
post edited by rock_street@yahoo.com - 2005/06/11 12:31:23

13 Replies Related Threads

Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 12:32:39 (permalink)
    What are you using to generate the audio from the MIDI data? Hardware or a soft synth?
    rock_street@yahoo.com
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 12:35:48 (permalink)
    soft synth.......
    Stone House Studios
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3550
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 13:11:20 (permalink)
    You must select the softsynht as the midi out..

Brian

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
    Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
    rock_street@yahoo.com
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 13:13:00 (permalink)
    it aint showing....in teh midi option...
    in INPUT tere is only MIA MIDI,...and in OUTPUT there is MIA MIDI and MIDID mapper.

rock_street@yahoo.com
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 13:25:04 (permalink)
    is there anyone.?
    Stone House Studios
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 13:34:47 (permalink)
    Where have you inserted the softsynth?

rock_street@yahoo.com
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 13:38:33 (permalink)
    i just wanted to play general midi.......it is not showing MS wavetable in the midi i/o list.?
    Stone House Studios
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 13:43:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rock_street@yahoo.com

soft synth.......

i just wanted to play general midi.......it is not showing MS wavetable in the midi i/o list.?

MS wavetable is not a soft synth. Go through the tutorials - they are priceless.

Brian

rock_street@yahoo.com
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 13:54:15 (permalink)
    then tell me how to play midi..??
    i just want to paly midi through sonar
    Stone House Studios
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 14:13:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rock_street@yahoo.com

Use a soft synth. It is explained in the manual. It would take too long to explain it all here.

Brian

LoopJunkie
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2466
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 14:16:29 (permalink)

It's easy:
    Click on insert DXi (Synth Rack)
    Select one softsynth, e.g. TTS-1
    Midi and audio tracks are inserted into your project
    put your midi on the midi track
    asign favorite proper bank/patch in the Midi track parms
    Listen

For more details see manual

If this does not work: you have a faulty audio setup.

loop

WFTurner
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 770
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 14:41:29 (permalink)
    Some sections from tutorial 8....

A software synthesizer is a software program that produces various sounds through your audio interface when the soft synth program receives MIDI data from a MIDI controller or sequencer program. SONAR supports all major varieties of software synthesizers, including DX instruments, or DXi's for short, and ReWire instruments, and VST Instruments (you can use VST instruments by running SONAR's included VST Adapter to configure the VST instruments). SONAR has a Synth Rack view to make inserting a DXi, VSTi, or ReWire instrument a one-step process.

Cakewalk TTS-1 is a great example of a DXi, so let's use it for our tutorial. Because this DXi supports the DXi 2.0 format, it has multiple outputs (4), and you can record the movement of some of its controls as automation. You probably installed Cakewalk TTS-1 when you installed SONAR. To make sure, open a project that has at least one audio track, right-click the FX field of an audio track to open the plug-in popup menu, and look under DXi Synth (if you've installed and adapted any VST instruments, you'll see a VST option on the DXi Synth menu). You should see Cakewalk TTS-1 listed. If you don't, insert your SONAR CD into your CD drive, copy the software synthesizers including Cakewalk TTS-1 to your hard drive, and restart SONAR.

Inserting Cakewalk TTS-1 into a project
    Playing MIDI tracks through a DXi

Inserting a DXi into a project means that the name of the DXi appears in the dropdown menus of MIDI track Output fields and audio track Input fields.

To Insert Cakewalk TTS-1 into a Project
    Open a MIDI project--for this tutorial use tutorial8.cwp.
    Use the Insert-DXi Synth command and click Cakewalk TTS-1 on the popup menu.
    The Insert DXi Synth Options dialog appears.
    In the Create These Tracks fields, deselect MIDI Source Track, because we want to patch some pre-existing tracks into Cakewalk TTS-1.
    Select All Synth Outputs (Audio) because we're going to use a different audio track for each of Cakewalk TTS-1's 4 outputs. The new audio tracks have Cakewalk TTS-1 already patched to them as audio inputs.
    In the Open These Windows fields, select both Synth Property Page and Synth Rack view. These two options open Cakewalk TTS-1's property page (interface), and the Synth Rack view, respectively.
    Click OK.
    SONAR inserts 4 audio tracks that each have one of Cakewalk TTS-1's outputs as an input (notice that these tracks have the DXi label next to their track numbers), opens the Synth Rack view with Cakewalk TTS-1 displayed in the first row, and opens Cakewalk TTS-1's property page.

Notice that the Output field of the MIDI track is labeled Cakewalk TTS-1 1. The "1" means that this is the first instance of Cakewalk TTS-1 that you have inserted into this project. If you use the Insert-DXi Synth command to insert another instance or copy of Cakewalk TTS-1 into this project, its label will be Cakewalk TTS-1 2, and it will function as a totally separate synth. MIDI data in tracks that use Cakewalk TTS-1 1 as an output will have no effect on MIDI tracks that have Cakewalk TTS-1 2 as an output.

Now that you have verified that Cakewalk TTS-1 is installed, let's try some of its sounds on some pre-recorded MIDI data.

To Play MIDI Tracks through Cakewalk TTS-1
    Drag Cakewalk TTS-1 property page out of the way for now, and in the first MIDI track (Guitar 1), click the dropdown arrow in the track's Output field, and choose Cakewalk TTS-1 as an output.
    Notice that when you choose Cakewalk TTS-1 as a track's output, the patch for that track's MIDI channel in Cakewalk TTS-1 interface changes to the same one that the track displays.
    Set the Output fields in all the other MIDI tracks to Cakewalk TTS-1. Note: When the cursor is in the Output field of one track, pressing the Up or Down arrow key moves the cursor to the same field in the next track.
    Let's insert a patch change in track 1: click the track number of the Guitar 1 track to select it, and move the Now time to the Verse 1 marker by clicking the Next Marker button once (the Next Marker button is in the Markers toolbar; if you don't see it, use the View-Toolbars command and check Markers).
    Use the Insert-Patch/Bank Change command to open the Bank/Patch Change dialog box.
    In the Bank field, select 15488-Preset Normal 0, and in the Patch field, select Overdrive Gt, and click OK.
    Now you've routed your MIDI tracks through Cakewalk TTS-1, and inserted a patch change. Rewind the project and play it to hear the project through Cakewalk TTS-1.

William F. Turner
    songwriter
    My Music

Craig Anderton's SSS
    My other favorite forum
    rock_street@yahoo.com
    RE: My MIDI does not play.........???? 2005/06/11 15:01:04 (permalink)
    Hey ...WFTuner....how can i thank you ...!!!

never expected sucha great help............

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1