Author
airdata
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2011/01/09 13:57:02 (permalink)

My Screensets is locked

Screenset ROCKS!
but!...
I set my screensets 1 and 2.When i get started to set screenset 3 but Sonar crashed.I restart the sonar,but screensets is not saved and is not active to set.I try with fresh start (holding SHIF when sonar start) but is the same.....can anyone have idea???

post edited by airdata - 2011/01/09 14:07:38

I'm TIRED TO USE.......and i WANT 
HumbleNoise
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:18:12 (permalink)
Yeah Screen Sets go unselectable unless you have at least ONE track, audio or MIDI. Add a track they should come back. And don't try and save an empty template. Screen Sets will not work with an empty template.

AND Cakewalk should have a sticky or some tech bulletin to that effect as well.
post edited by HumbleNoise - 2011/01/09 14:19:25

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
NVidia 9800 GTX
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
airdata
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:29:37 (permalink)
Thanks...
now how to save my screensets to be default.I try to rename it,and lock it,but when I close and start again the screensets are the basic one is not mine pref. In screenset menu has only import witch is not active ....

post edited by airdata - 2011/01/09 14:34:44

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 11326
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:34:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
HumbleNoise

Yeah Screen Sets go unselectable unless you have at least ONE track, audio or MIDI. Add a track they should come back. And don't try and save an empty template. Screen Sets will not work with an empty template.

AND Cakewalk should have a sticky or some tech bulletin to that effect as well.

Just to clarify. You can have screensets in a completely empty project but they don't appear until there is a track inserted. So to create a template that is empty with screensets......

1. Insert one or more tracks
2. Set up screensets as required
3. Switch back to your default screenset
4. Delete all tracks
5. SAve as... template

Now when you open that template it will be empty and default to the screenset you had in view when you saved it. No other screensets are available at this time. Insert a track however and all the screensets you set up at step 2 above are now available.

Screensets... I love 'em......
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:36:34 (permalink)
airdata

Thanks...
now how to save my screensets to be default.I try to rename it,and lock it,but when I close and start again the screensets are the basic one is not mine pref. In screenset menu has only import witch is not active ....

You need to save as template too have the screensets available in the next new project created from that template. See my post above for an example with an empty project.

Screensets. I love 'em
airdata
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:36:35 (permalink)
whea i love'em too,but Cakewalk need to develop more option for screensets

codamedia
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1185
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:38:05 (permalink)
Screensets are not Global, they are per project. You need to save a blank file (or as Larry said, at least one track, audio or midi) as a template, then start a new project from that template.

Or alternatively, when you start a new project, open one with your set of saved screensets and import them into the new project.

They need a little work (imports, exports, global option, etc...) but overall this is one of my favorite new features.

Edit: Wow, In the time I took to write this (minute or two) three others beat me to it :)
post edited by codamedia - 2011/01/09 14:39:30

Don't fix it in the mix ... Fix it in the take! 

Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit , ASUS MB w/Intel Chipset, INTEL Q9300 Quad Core, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5450 Video
Laptop: Windows 7 Pro, i5, 8 Gig Ram
Hardware: Presonus FP10 (Firepod), FaderPort, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie 1202 VLZ, POD X3 Live, Variax 600, etc... etc...
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:38:32 (permalink)
They could certainly do with a better save/load method to perhaps save them as idividual screensets to load into projects.

I find them very powerful the only limit I've hit so far is my imagination..........
HumbleNoise
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:42:12 (permalink)
FBB, Just tried your suggestion and took my Normal Template (which is how you get them to open by default airdata) which has a hidden track in it, via track manager, deleted that track, saved as my Normal Template and Screen Sets are now all screwed up.

Can you duplicate your steps and have Screen Sets stay intact? I cannot.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
NVidia 9800 GTX
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 14:55:35 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

FBB, Just tried your suggestion and took my Normal Template (which is how you get them to open by default airdata) which has a hidden track in it, via track manager, deleted that track, saved as my Normal Template and Screen Sets are now all screwed up.

The only way in which my screensets aren't complete so to speak is that the Multidock, if maximised when I save the SS is minimised when switching back to it. I think that's probably to be expected though - I'm guessing that the multidock perhaps collapses when there's no tracks in it, which obviously happens when I'm deleting the track prior to saving but other than that they seem to be okay.

I've just tested it with a mix of CV views - buss only/tracks only, PRV, Browser etc, even naming the SS description to remind me what it should be. Apart from the issue mentioned above they all come back - or have so far. Is it just some for you or all of them?
HumbleNoise
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 15:02:51 (permalink)
FastBikerBoy

HumbleNoise

The only way in which my screensets aren't complete so to speak is that the Multidock, if maximised when I save the SS is minimised when switching back to it. I think that's probably to be expected though - I'm guessing that the multidock perhaps collapses when there's no tracks in it, which obviously happens when I'm deleting the track prior to saving but other than that they seem to be okay.

I've just tested it with a mix of CV views - buss only/tracks only, PRV, Browser etc, even naming the SS description to remind me what it should be. Apart from the issue mentioned above they all come back - or have so far. Is it just some for you or all of them?

"the Multidock, if maximized when I save the SS is minimized when switching back to it." This is what I'm seeing but I'm also thinking I may have my Screen Sets set up improperly.

How do you get the CV? Isn't it a maximized Multi Dock View?

And doesn't that maximized multi dock view create the very Screen Set you want to save?

So when you restart with and empty template and the multi dock is minimized instead of maximized doesn't that mean you have to go back and recreate that Screen Set with a maximized CV view? What would be the ppoint od Screen Sets if when i opened a project I had to go into each one and recreate it?

I think I must be missing something.

EDIT: And I guess I'd say it effects all of them because they all have some form of maximized multi dock view be it the PRV or some form of the CV.
post edited by HumbleNoise - 2011/01/09 15:09:36

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
NVidia 9800 GTX
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 15:19:11 (permalink)
How do you get the CV? Isn't it a maximized Multi Dock View?

Yes that's how I'm doing it. I must admit I haven't tried it with the multidock floating. I have it docked at the bottom and maximised when displayed.

And doesn't that maximized multi dock view create the very Screen Set you want to save?

On some of them yes

So when you restart with and empty template and the multi dock is minimized instead of maximized doesn't that mean you have to go back and recreate that Screen Set with a maximized CV view? What would be the ppoint od Screen Sets if when i opened a project I had to go into each one and recreate it

Yes and no. Yes I have to maximise the multidock but anything that I put in it CV, PRV etc is still there in the docked bar

I'll do a bit more experimenting and see if I can get any to not come back correctly..........

HumbleNoise
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 15:51:23 (permalink)
Thanks FBB,

Not floating either and like you everything I put in the multidock is still there but I need to maximize it when I return. I guess that's a small step but the idea for me at least is to not take any extra steps with Screen Sets. I expect them to return me to the Screen as I left it. Blank templates do not allow that. AFAICT.

In any event I'll not save a blank template as it screws up my Screen Sets and I've just now got them back working again, with my hidden single audio track. All's well again.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
NVidia 9800 GTX
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 16:00:45 (permalink)
Yeah I can't say I can really see the point in a completely blank template myself. There's always going to be at least one track be that MIDI or Audio so why not use one of them as a starting point, even if that means two separate templates. Each to their own though

The maximising multidock is only Shift-D so getting the SSs back is no big deal and certainly easier than re-creating them completely from scratch if a blank project is the way that someone wants to go though.

In my experimenting I have noticed that a BUSS only TV doesn't come back unless that is saved as the default SS, otherwise it defaults back to Tracks for some reason. Bizarre when you consider the busses are still there in a blank project but the tracks aren't.
airdata
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 16:53:02 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

I already do this and i don't talk about this issue exactly.I talk general.
Everybody of us know for cakewalk and logic "similarity" - try logic views,and you will see what i talk about.

A1MixMan
Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1706
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 17:18:09 (permalink)
FastBikerBoy

They could certainly do with a better save/load method to perhaps save them as idividual screensets to load into projects.

I find them very powerful the only limit I've hit so far is my imagination..........

I would love to see all 10 of your screensets you have for a project. Can you post pics?

A1
airdata
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/09 17:46:00 (permalink)
A1MixMan

FastBikerBoy

I would love to see all 10 of your screensets you have for a project. Can you post pics?

Yhea! me too..

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:My Screensets is locked 2011/01/10 03:29:53 (permalink)
A1MixMan

FastBikerBoy

Yeah, that's a good idea, if I can fathom out how to. I won't get a full day at my DAW until next Saturday so it may not be till then. If I get a chance before I will. I'll put them up in a new thread and with a bit of explanation behind the reasoning for them as well.

Not that they're perfect, but they suit my workflow and TBH it's still early days yet so I'm still fine tuning them. Someone may get an idea to use from one of them though.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1