My (atmospheric) progressive rock project.

Author
Reign of Praine
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2008/11/10 19:54:32 (permalink)

My (atmospheric) progressive rock project.

I've been planning to hold off showing everyone until I have all 5 songs up sounding perfectly, but I don't think that's going to be happening soon. The production on these songs are PRETTY good, but I can always change them to make them better. I thought I'd give you a sneak peak now though.

All songs are pretty good. You should listen to all of it without skipping it, because you might miss a cool atmospheric moment. All I'm saying is give it a chance if you think it's not sounding good, or if you're not enjoying my vocals (they will be edited later though, this is like a first take kind of thing). My favorite song would have to be Confinement, a major change happens about halfway through taking you to a completely different place but returning to the melody that occured in the first part of the song. Illusions in Seclusion is my second favorite reminding me heavily of springtime imagery of green gardens and moors. From the Depths is also pretty cool having a chorus that takes you to another realm and returning to the main melody, such as Confinement.

I'm interested to hear your opinions.

http://www.myspace.com/viewoftheblindfolded

4 Replies Related Threads

amateur
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 451
    RE: My (atmospheric) progressive rock project. 2008/11/10 20:11:28 (permalink)
    I like the songs, especially Illusions in Seclusion. The blend of sounds is interesting, I'm looking forward to hearing more. The only comment I have is that something sounds a liitle off key in From the Depths...

Keep 'em coming!
    Reign of Praine
    RE: My (atmospheric) progressive rock project. 2008/11/10 22:01:23 (permalink)
    Thanks for your input. If the out of tune thing you're talking about in From The Depths is in the intro, then it was intentional. I thought it sounded cool, haha.
    tyacko
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: My (atmospheric) progressive rock project. 2008/11/11 07:48:28 (permalink)
    I took a listen to Confinement. I like the guitars and synths, the performance and mix of those instruments sounds very good.

I would also like to suggest here that the vocals are not on for such a good song. If you have V-Vocal or Melodyne I would suggest tighting up the pitch of the vocals and you'll have a very good presentation.

As for the mix, I would pull the drums up a bit.

Good job! Thanks for sharing.

Tom
    Reign of Praine
    RE: My (atmospheric) progressive rock project. 2008/11/11 13:55:48 (permalink)
    Yeah, I was actually wondering if there is a pitch shifter that can slightly shift the vocals to make it "on". It's cool to know that there is. I can bring up the drums very easily though. Thanks for the comment.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1