My first album "Walking in Circles" is available for purchase (or free).

Author
Alphadeus
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41
2011/03/02 09:02:28 (permalink)

My first album "Walking in Circles" is available for purchase (or free).

I edited my previous thread which didn't get much views instead of creating a second one. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I'm so proud of myself, I finally released my first full album "Walking in Circles".
You can listen to and purchase the album here.

Or you can download the songs for free at this directory on my personal website.

I probably spent 2 years working on the songs, but many of the songs go back to 2003, and one song even goes back to 1997 (Xuan's Nightmare).

TRACK LIST:
1) Walking in Circles
2) Theory of Mind
3) Against the Wind
4) Universe of Dreams
5) Otherworldly
6) Mazeophobia
7) Abstraction
8) Xuan's Nightmare
9) Drifting Through My Imagination

BONUS TRACKS:
10) Drifting Through My Imagination (Endless Sleep Mix)
11) Last Communication
12) Breed
13) The Grand Scheme

The album was written to tell a story that will probably never get properly told. I have Alexithymia, which basically means while I do have emotions, I have difficulty putting those emotions into words. I think I can use music to express myself, but I cannot write lyrics. The entire album is instrumental.

Summary:
The story is about a man named Alphadeus. He is unhappy with his existence. He feels he does not have a purpose in this world. He paces, and then meditates, realizing his purpose must be out in space. He builds a spaceship that operates based on his emotions.

He goes on many adventures out in space, helping other planets with their problems, but still feels sad and has no general purpose. At one point, his ship begins to fly without his permission, getting him lost and unable to find his way back home. His frustration attracts the Abstraction, a demonic presence in space that consumes negativity. A chase ensues and eventually Alphadeus is absorbed by the Abstraction.

The Abstraction, known as Xuan, brings Alphadeus back to his home planet tied up to a post. He tells Alphadeus that his anger attracted him to his home planet and he is going to kill his loved ones in front of him. This causes Alphadeus to almost pass out from the stress, but find a hidden source of strength to break free and begin battle with Xuan.

Alphadeus eventually runs his sword through Xuan, but when he looks up, he sees that he ran his sword through his wife Jonquil, killing her. This causes Alphadeus to pass out and go into a coma. As he is fainting, the imagery fades away like sand to reveal that he is back on his spaceship in the middle of nowhere. The entire ordeal was a nightmare designed by Xuan to force Alphadeus into his own mind for reasons explained in the second part of the album.

Alphadeus drifts through his mind on a raft until he finds a circular island with roman numerals organized like a clock face, except XII is replaced with XIII. There is a pedestal in the center of the island (the shadow of which points to III) with a book on it labeled "March of Zars". He begins to read the book and that is where the album leaves off.

I hope you at least enjoy listening to it. I don't expect anyone to buy it, but it would be nice to make some money off my music. At the same time, I like to just share it for free. Thank you for reading.
post edited by Alphadeus - 2011/03/04 15:05:47

2 Replies Related Threads

Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re:Alphadeus - Xuan's Nightmare (2011) 2011/03/02 14:50:41 (permalink)
    Alpha, nicely recorded & mixed. It certainly can be a soundtrack to a sci-fi movie.....well done and good luck with the album.

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Alphadeus
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re:Alphadeus - Xuan's Nightmare (2011) 2011/03/04 15:06:56 (permalink)
    Thank you for your comment, Mesh. I actually just released my album and edited my original post to reflect that.

Walking in Circles is definitely a Sci-fi story since it takes place out in space. Most of my music has a very spacey sound to it because I love the way it sounds.

Thanks again.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1