My first song

Author
MetalTeK
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 199
2011/08/22 04:42:04 (permalink)

My first song

Well, not really my first, but the first one I've actually put up for public ridicule.  I would say this song is Rock/Hard Rock, even though I prefer listening to Metal.  I know the guitars are a little muddy, palm mutes between chords kinda get lost.  I'm running direct with my guitar cuz my amp has problems and I don't own a mic so the sound just isn't there.  Maybe when Guitar Rig 5 or 6 comes out in a few years, but right right now, IMO you can only get that warm heavy tone from a real amp.  I know there are some other issues and I don't mind if you guys let me know about them.  Any and all comments are welcome!

http://soundcloud.com/metaltek

post edited by MetalTeK - 2011/08/25 02:32:52

2 Replies Related Threads

Basradaem
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 422
    Re:My first song 2011/08/22 18:38:33 (permalink)
    The tune itself is really cool.  Do you plan to add vox or keep it instrumental?

The biggest drawback and makes it a bit challenging to critique the rest of the tune is the guitars.  I understand you have no way of recording your guitar right now other than DI.  The mastering needs some work, sounds like you're lacking mids and some highs, and the cymbals are a bit too loud.  The mix seems fairly balanced despite the other issues.

If you want, I have Guitar Rig 4, and would be willing to run your guitar tracks through it (assuming you have clean guitar tracks).  It's better than DI alone, IMO.  I don't play the guitar, instead I use Electri6ity and route it through GR4.  If you want to see what GR4 sounds like, check out any of my tunes and let me know if you want me to do that for you.  I have custom presets as well as all the stock presets.  I can route your guitar tracks with different signal chains and send you the exports back so can you pick which one you want to use.

Just thought of this, but if you don't have clean guitar tracks, I could still route them through GR4 and just route it into an amp without any distortion or other effects in the chain, since all you're really missing is the amp anyways.

Luke Sarro
    --------------
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit on Windows 10 x64 

MetalTeK
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    Re:My first song 2011/08/22 19:42:26 (permalink)
    Hey, thanks for the comments.  Wow I really appreciate the offer but I just came across 1 major problem.  I did these songs in a 2 day span aside from the 2008 one.  I just now cranked it up on a really loud on a good sound system (my headphones are also K.I.A.) and it's pretty jacked up.  I could hear what sounded like flanger, even though Im not using one, and I could hear popping all over the place.  The reason being, I was patched into the wrong input on my sound card.....uhg.  Im going redo the guitars and put it back up maybe tomorrow.   Lemme try it one more time.

BTW........I would like to add vocals but they wont be coming from me.

Thanks again Luke!
    post edited by MetalTeK - 2011/08/22 19:51:19
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1