My lifetime Splat and Bandlab 2 Questions

Author
z1812
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 294
2018/04/21 12:32:41 (permalink)

My lifetime Splat and Bandlab 2 Questions

I am so glad that Bandlab took over Cakewalk and I think it is great that they have made it free. This opens up serious music production for those with talent but not much money. 

I am a "lifetime owner" of Splat. I have about 4 other versions of Sonar on my main music computer.  I have read posts about the installation of Bandlab Cakewalk on a computer that already has Splat installed so I am fine with that. The following are my questions.

1. I would like to install Bandlab Cakewalk on a new laptop and then install some essential VST's. I have all my Splat CCC files saved to my main music computer. What would be the best and easiest way to proceed to achieve this?

2. I am considering buying  a new desktop music computer and then putting Bandlab Cakewalk on it. What would be the easiest way to migrate all my VST's from my past Cakewalk purchases to it.

Being cautious and a bit confused I am a little wary about the process. Thanks to all who take the time to read my post and answer.

All the best,

John

5 Replies Related Threads

simeon
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 494
    Re: My lifetime Splat and Bandlab 2 Questions 2018/04/21 12:49:55 (permalink)
    John,
    The main thing to remember that the third party plugins that came let's say with SPLAT are "tied" to SPLAT because of the licensing agreements with the software vendors. What that means is that you can still use those plugins but SPLAT has to be installed so the plugins not included with Cakewalk by BandLab can see that SPLAT is installed and run correctly.

You can almost look at it like this SPLAT would now be sort of like a product key or soft license for the third party plugins not included in Cakewalk By BandLab.

One thing is don't forget that Cakewalk by BandLab is still in an "Early Release" stage and it looks like they are trying to work out some of the third party issues to include more in the next release. 

Simeon Amburgey
    Sound Creations, Inc.
    www.PraiseTracks.com
    ***PS.89:15***
    z1812
    Re: My lifetime Splat and Bandlab 2 Questions 2018/04/21 17:03:32 (permalink)
    simeon
    John,
    The main thing to remember that the third party plugins that came let's say with SPLAT are "tied" to SPLAT because of the licensing agreements with the software vendors. What that means is that you can still use those plugins but SPLAT has to be installed so the plugins not included with Cakewalk by BandLab can see that SPLAT is installed and run correctly.

You can almost look at it like this SPLAT would now be sort of like a product key or soft license for the third party plugins not included in Cakewalk By BandLab.

One thing is don't forget that Cakewalk by BandLab is still in an "Early Release" stage and it looks like they are trying to work out some of the third party issues to include more in the next release. 

Thank you for your reply Simeon. Which leads to my second question, what is the easiest way to install Splat on a new computer?
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: My lifetime Splat and Bandlab 2 Questions 2018/04/21 17:24:33 (permalink)
    z1812

Thank you for your reply Simeon. Which leads to my second question, what is the easiest way to install Splat on a new computer?

Use either CCC or copy over your saved CCC installation files to the new computer.

Remember some Cakewalk 3rd party provided products (like AD2) have a limit on how many computers you can install them on. But that is handled by their installer not CCC installers.
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: My lifetime Splat and Bandlab 2 Questions 2018/04/21 17:47:44 (permalink)
    Also be aware that certain 3rd party stuff uses there own installers and licencing and are not tied to Splat. Like AD2 and Melodyn. So those can be used by you on any computer with any DAW but with the limitations imposed which is only 2 installs per licence. When Gibson shut down Cakewalk a few 3rd party vendors were nice enough to send us licences if you sent them a screenshot of your Sonar serial number. I totally can't remember which right now but pretty sure Overloud was one. 

But easiest way to get a second computer up and running is to: 
    first make sure Windows is fully up to date. Both W7 and W10. 
    Install the most up to date driver for your audio interface and have it connected and active. 
    Now download and install the Command Center but don't run it yet.
    Copy all the files from the old computers Command Center Download folder to the new computers same location 
    Found as c/ Program DATA/Cakewalk/Command center/downloads. Be away that Program Data defaults as a hidden folder. 
    Now run CCC and install everything you want. 
    Now install the Bandlab Assistant and install CbC. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

z1812
    Re: My lifetime Splat and Bandlab 2 Questions 2018/04/21 18:17:02 (permalink)
    Thank you bapu and Cactus Music. Your replies are very helpful and much appreciated.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1