NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO

Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2011/09/07 02:57:24 (permalink)

NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO

This is a new flightsim video I made using my new X-Plane 9.70 BK-117 helicopter .
Haven't created a flightsim video in years but here it is along with some new music I created for it . 

Link has been removed , I'll be replacing it with a different video in two weeks .
post edited by radio - 2011/09/11 03:55:02

13 Replies Related Threads

Bob Oister
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/07 04:51:53 (permalink)
    Hi, James,

How are you?  Doing well, I hope!

Very cool video, and the backing music track sounds really great!  It has a kind of "dreamy" type of vibe that works really well with the feeling of flight.

Nice work on both the video and the song, have a good one!
    Bob

radio
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/07 10:13:36 (permalink)

Thanks Bob , I just purchased that cool helicopter last week . Its about as close to flying a real one as your going to get , took me a few days or so to figure out how to start it from cold & dark and to operate the auto-pilot .
    Oh yea this baby has a auto-pilot making it a hands free flight wherever that might be across the virtual skies in X-Plane 9.70 .

The scenery was also an addon I purchased years ago , its real scenery of the whole state of Florida .
    Thanks for watching and the comments on the music , I only spent two days creating the music because I was in a rush to get the video posted .

Cheers ! Radio

Freddy J
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2348
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/07 20:21:31 (permalink)
    Cool video.  Did you actually do the animation?  It is very good indeed.
    The music track also is very good.  I agree with Bob in that it has a "dreamy" vibe but it also has that bassy sounding rhythm that gives it a sense of urgency.
    Very nice work.
    Freddy J
    radio
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/08 00:41:27 (permalink)

Hi Freddy , all the flying I did myself using XPlane 9.70 , the new helicopter I purchased and the real scenery of Florida I purchased about four years back for X-Plane 9 .
    I had another piece of music I was going to use and decided that music wasn't going to work with this helicopter video so I spent a few days creating this music I added to my video .

My next video is going to be a rocket flightsim video using my Mercury simulator , wait till you see that video its really going to be cool .
    Its going to be a two or three week video project , I haven't used that rocket simulator in five years so its going to take some time to learn how to use it again .
    Its very complex this rocket simulator I have and then I have to create some new music thats going to fit in with this type of video .
    I also plan on adding in some special eye candy effects using real DVD clips that will be edited to fit the scenes I will be working with .

Anyway thats my next music flightsim video project , something really cool .
    Thanks for the comments on this music flightsim video , glad you enjoyed the short three and a half minute flight .

Radio

AsherLongley
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 683
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/08 12:24:40 (permalink)
    The music's atmospheric drone works well for the flightsim video. It's not distracting, and I imagine, would help you keep focused while piloting. Nice work,

Matthew
    philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/08 15:17:10 (permalink)
    Very cool, James.  The music suited the animation beautifully.
    mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/08 18:38:16 (permalink)
    music was good James. i enjoyed the chilled-out of it all, you really could make a career in movies/tv...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    radio
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/08 23:38:14 (permalink)
    AsherLongley

The music's atmospheric drone works well for the flightsim video. It's not distracting, and I imagine, would help you keep focused while piloting. Nice work,

Matthew
    Thanks Matthew , sorry for the slow reply . I decided a few weeks ago I'm going to get back into flightsimming again so I can make more of these types of music videos .
    I just downloaded for XPlane this really cool B-17 Bomber , some of you might be thinking well how cool is that .
    When you see this one in one of my videos soon I hope you'll know why this is the coolest War War II bomber on the planet for flightsimming in XPlane 9.70. I don't understand why this guy who made this flightsim airplane isn't asking alot of money for it because its one of the best B-17's I have ever seen over the internet in the flightsim world of airplanes .

In big red letters this guy types , not for kids or gamers only for those who are serious about flightsimming and can fly them .
    There is no quick start , you have to start it just like a real B-17 . Theres about 250 gauges and switches to operate it and the cockpit is like the real B-17 because I have been in one at a air show in florida for the real B-17 .
    I'll be making a flightsim video with this plane for sure once I learn how to fly it , the plane itself will blow you away when you listen to the engines running and see the aircraft model this guy made for X-Plane 9.70 .

Its going to take some time to learn how to fly this one because you have to read the manual first in order to start it and fly it and theres alot of instructions for this airplane .

Hey thanks for watching and your comments on the video and music I made for it .

Radio

radio
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/08 23:40:17 (permalink)
    philz

Very cool, James.  The music suited the animation beautifully.

Hey thanks alot Phil ! Radio

radio
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/08 23:42:37 (permalink)
    mgh

music was good James. i enjoyed the chilled-out of it all, you really could make a career in movies/tv...

Hey thanks , I wish I could make some money from it . I enjoy doing this kind of
             thing but it looks like for me its more of a hobby then anything else .

Radio

vechung
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 818
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/09 10:00:58 (permalink)
    Cool track!  It goes well with the video.  As always, excellent mix and production.

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
    https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
    radio
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/09 16:24:51 (permalink)
    vechung

Cool track!  It goes well with the video.  As always, excellent mix and production.

Thanks Vechung , getting ready to work on some new music for my next upcoming video .
    I'm making a video for a long time flightsim friends , we met ten years ago when I first started flightsimming .
    I just finished repainting the airplane I plan on using for the video now I need to work on creating some music .
    Thanks , glad you enjoy my video and music .

Radio

Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:NEW FLIGHTSIM MUSIC & HELICOPTER YOUTUBE VIDEO 2011/09/11 09:30:59 (permalink)
    Man, this really rocks! Great work!

String Jammer
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1