NOT UTILIZING USB MIDI AT ALL...

Author
idiocyinbubbles
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 130
2014/04/03 00:41:58 (permalink)

NOT UTILIZING USB MIDI AT ALL...

"you have not selected any midi input ports." so i go to, "choose midi ports now" and press "casio usb/midi" as my input.
(don't have to worry about outputs.) and no matter WHAT program i'm using, it always goes back to the initial error box!
"no midi input ports selected!" it works fine on my boyfriend's laptop. i'm using WIN7, AMD processor, 64 bit. i just uninstalled a "realtek HD audio manager" and an "avnex virtual audio device". i still have sound. i tried to install the IDT HD audio codec because that's what's on my boyfriend's laptop, but it failed. i don't know why. i have MULTIPLE audio recording programs on my computer, and i know they all share different plugins and such, so i figure it may be a software issue.

any insight or help would be GREATLY appreciated. i didn't spend good money on this stuff so it wouldn't work.

3 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: NOT UTILIZING USB MIDI AT ALL... 2014/04/03 16:38:12 (permalink)
    idiocyinbubbles

any insight or help would be GREATLY appreciated. i didn't spend good money on this stuff so it wouldn't work.

You're kidding, right? Posted in the wrong forum?  Pro Audio is so ancient that it's not even supposed work in Win7 system, not to mention 64 bits. It doesn't officially support XP, IIRC. It's not been available for 15 years, so it's not likely you're referring to the purchase price seriously :o) ??

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    idiocyinbubbles
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 130
    Re: NOT UTILIZING USB MIDI AT ALL... 2014/04/04 22:46:39 (permalink)
    it works perfectly on my boyfriend's windows 7 laptop.

as i said, NONE of my music programs will record through my usb midi piano. :)

and no, i didn't spend good money on it lol.
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: NOT UTILIZING USB MIDI AT ALL... 2014/04/05 06:07:51 (permalink)
    idiocyinbubbles
    it works perfectly on my boyfriend's windows 7 laptop.

I must say I'm surprised. What version are you using? I would've thought it works somehow, with a lot of glitches, but perfectly..? You can't even use VSTs with it, can you? What do you use it for, because you can get free or cheap, modern DAW software with much better features?
    Could this be a USB-version incompatibility with Pro Audio?
    All I can say I recommend getting a decent audio interface. You'll never achieve a fluent DAW workflow with integrated chips like Realtek. 

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1