NRPN problem

Author
secretseven
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2008/09/09 15:24:21 (permalink)

NRPN problem

Hi all.

I bought an Edirol PCR-500 recently, which, as you might know, comes with Sonar LE. Got it all up and running together quite quickly, or so I thought.

I decided to set myself a small project, just to make sure I understood everything. Basically I wanted to use the knobs and sliders to control the virtual knobs on a soft synth. I followed the instructions given to create control maps and it works...well sort of.

The problem comes when I try to record the knob movements. Events are recorded into a new clip, but they all relate to the NRPN MSB, whichever number I've programmed the controller to send. So with MSB set to 1 and LSB set to anything, the messages get recorded as 128, with MSB as 2, then all are recorded as 256 etc.

When I investigated further, I found that CC messages are recording properly but RPN messages are suffering the same problem as the NRPN messages.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong here? Is there a setting somewhere I have to change?

I've been all over all relevent manuals and searched the internet high and low for a clue, but there's nothing.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1