Name that patch!

Author
DreamState
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/08/23 08:57:03 (permalink)

Name that patch!

So, a long shot, but this has been bugging me!

I've done the upgrade from XP 32-bit to 7 64-bit, and Sonar 7 to 8.5.

The whole update has gone very well and I'm very pleased with the new setup.

However, one minor bug is that some songs that previously referenced Dimension Pro and Rapture now come up with a message about missing plug-ins.

Pro (Synth Rack)
Rapture (Synth Rack)
Rapture (Synth Rack)

Both synth's are working correctly on the new install and it isn't a huge issue apart from one track that I froze the synth on and need to redo, and no matter what I try, I can't find the original patch information. I believe it's a DP patch as the audio recording is named .. "Alpha, Pro 1 Output 1_ Stereo, Mix (3)". It could potentially be a Rapture patch.

Does anyone recognise this patch as I've clicked through all of them with no success...

http://soundcloud.com/dstate/whatpatchisthis

Many thanks in advance.
post edited by DreamState - 2010/08/23 08:58:52

2 Replies Related Threads

Chregg
    Max Output Level: -51.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2382
    Re:Name that patch! 2010/08/23 11:23:27 (permalink)
    it sounds like a saw kind of pad, it's hard to determine which cause you might have tweeked parameters, best you could do is use another saw kind of pad, a lot of these "which patch is this", questions get asked, iwas it an expansion pack or anything?? Like i said just use another saw kind of pad, theres a few that are quite similar in the sound banks, would take you 2 mins to program your self, all the best
    DreamState
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Name that patch! 2010/08/23 14:59:51 (permalink)
    Hi,

I think I'm going to have to go down that route, although my editing skills will need some work.

The excerpt I have uploaded is a very small part of the sound and the envelopes/filters are going to be the difficult thing to achieve (at the end of the patch cycle it has this kind of raspy effect). In my piece it's a combination of this sounds at various pitches and the moving envelopes/filters that determine the track.

It's a shame that I can't separate the information from the cakewalk project!

Cheers for the reply :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1