2018/01/28 20:57:07 (permalink)

Native Instruments announce NKS Compatibility with multiple Software Companies

Read about it here

https://ask.audio/article...ing-with-waves-softube

1 Reply Related Threads

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Native Instruments announce NKS Compatibility with multiple Software Companies 2018/01/28 22:56:39 (permalink)
    Some time ago, I have tried to find something about NKS as API/SDK. But I have found nothing concrete...
    It seems like a proprietary extension, with all consequences.
    That is not the first time when someone tries to play the game: do some wrapper for other SoftSynth for own controllers. There was AutoMap. But this time, using own position as a major SoftSynth supplier, they invite other developers to cooperate and implement the plug-in extension.
    VST has some black halls when it comes to synth description and interoperation with  controllers, the technology of "MIDI learning" is long time due to rethink. Most DAWs do too little in that direction, they bring nothing comparable with NKS or Akai Advance, while it is clear that such platforms simple "steal" a big part of framework for which a DAW should be responsible at first place.
    But close "standards" always fail. Only open technologies can survive in a long term. I hope NI will open plug-in extension part without restrictions for both sides, I mean for plug-ins developers and for DAWs developers (so the extension can be used WITHOUT NKS software). Otherwise sooner or later that will end as ProChannel.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1