Nectar 3? Pro/Cons? "RELAY"?

Author
user390096
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2018/11/26 17:33:37 (permalink)

Nectar 3? Pro/Cons? "RELAY"?

I just bought Nectar 3 because I'm always looking for something to help mix vocals. I'm trying to learn it but many of the "how-to" videos show some plug-in called "Relay" that is a utility made by Izotope. Does anybody know where "Relay" is hidden? Any thoughts on this plug-in? It seems like what I want, another pair of expert ears to tweak things in ways I probably would never come up with. Of course, you can change things if you don't agree with it's decisions but I use Ozone 8 for mastering and love how it does the work for me as it knows what sounds best for more listening systems like in cars, headphones, and my living room stereo.

I also sent these questions to Izotope but they can take several days to respond and I was hoping someone here knew the answers already.

Thanx, Frederick

1 Reply Related Threads

user390096
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 117
    Re: Nectar 3? Pro/Cons? "RELAY"? 2018/11/27 04:04:28 (permalink)
    OK, I fixed it all by myself! When I originally installed it, there was a point it asked something about "Pro Tools" and I declined to install whatever it was as it seemed to be just for PT - I use Cakewalk, duh? Turns out it also contained the "RELAY" utility program. Now it's working and extremely well. This is pretty powerful. It seems to have the harmonic following ability very similar to Surfer EQ2 (which I own and love) as well as a lot of presets such as voice "nasal tone" correction, "boxy" correction, etc. All the presets seem to work well on my male Elvis/Cocker voice with harshness - but not so much anymore. It can even do Waves "Vocal Rider" type of voice leveling.

I would consider it a must-have after messing with it for just about an hour. Really loving Izotope these days. In the last year, I've acquired RX7 Standard, Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, and now Nectar 3. All of them are space aged compared to anything else I know of and really speed up mixing and mastering with seemingly pro results.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1