Need Help Getting P5 to run Standalone under Win10

Author
FZ1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41
2016/05/17 07:26:52 (permalink)

Need Help Getting P5 to run Standalone under Win10

Hi All,
Has anyone been able to solve Project5 crashing when opened under Win10?
It get to the point in its start up when it tries to initialise audio interface - and then crashes.
I used to have the same problem when starting Sonar Plat 32bit, until I worked out to manually run the 32bit installation after the default 64bit installation. Then both versions of platinum were fine. 
I have tried to take that solution one step further, by installing Project2.5 after SPlat 32bit. And it works like a dream, until I reboot. Then its back to crashing every time.
I have been running Project5 as rewire into Platinum32. That works fine, but I would like to try and get Project5 running standalone if I could.

My Rig Dell XPS18 tablet. i7 8gig ram
using Wasapi drivers

Any Ideas?
Futz

2 Replies Related Threads

kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    Re: Need Help Getting P5 to run Standalone under Win10 2016/05/20 16:35:51 (permalink)
    Wasapi drivers ? no external USB ASIO sound card ?
    Also, , when you installed P 5 to run in Win 10 did you install as an administrator  ?  Does P 5 work for you standalone when you go to start the program as Run as an Administrator...
    Did you have P 5 working successfully as a standalone on an other Windows computer using another Windows OS ? 

I ran P5 for years successfully in XP , Win 8 64 and now currently Win 10 .64 .
    I hope you sort it out ,

Kenny
    post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2016/05/21 18:28:03

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

FZ1
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: Need Help Getting P5 to run Standalone under Win10 2016/05/22 07:22:03 (permalink)
    Hi Kenny
    I spent a rainy Sunday trying some of your suggestions. Reinstalling software and drivers using administrators rights and trying external interfaces.  Although I did get P5 running for a while I kind of ended up where I started. Basically I  can have P5 stable or Splat32 stable but not both. There is some kind of conflict between them over drivers maybe.
    P5 rewired into Splat32 might be the way forward. Not so bad. I am warming to the advantages of it.
    I've had no problems with previous Windows versions until Win10. It was my only software that did not make it through the upgrade from Win8.1
    I stlll have it installed on older kit if I really need it.
    Wasnt a wasted day. I had some laughs opening ancient P5 projects. Some ok. Some appalling.
    I even finally grasped how Ds864 actually works. Only took 14 years.

Thanks for your help

Futz
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1