Need help again interface issue

Author
dangars
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 95
2014/08/23 18:53:21 (permalink)

Need help again interface issue

Hello all once again

as some of you know I've changed my system I am now using an ASUS all in onewith 4 gb ram with and amd A6 elite.

I have installed X3 had some issues's with non essential plug-ins failing to install but I'm not to worried about that.

Its seems my focusrite scarlett 2i2 is causing my system to crash. I have installed the drivers from their site. Whilst adding plug-ins or even playing around with the audio settings in my computers control panel it will come up the message " Audio device disconnected" and then causes windows 8.1 to give the blue screen of death with the message APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.

It then reboots the system.

I have dug my line 6 gx studio out and this seems to work fine so I'm pretty sure there's an issue with either the drivers or the audio interface its self.

Anyone else come across this before and are there any cures.

I have sent Focusrite an email aswell

Many thanks

Stuart

Asus all in one, 8gb memory,1tb hdd,AMD A6 Elite, Sonar platinum,Focusrite scarlett 2i2 . Axes: Epiphones, Les Paul standard, 56 gold top, LP studio deluxe, fender telecaster paisley reissue, Ibanez ax, an old strat,epiphone el-00 pro, epiphone union jack outfit sheraton. Bass:My wifes sg bass Amps: Laney TF200, Marshall valvestate vs100, orange tiny terror Pedals: a small collection. Alesis Q25

9 Replies Related Threads

Sycraft
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 871
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/23 22:35:55 (permalink)
    Before you dig deeper in to your audio interface, check your RAM. That kind of error can occur with faulty memory. That's not the only cause, but worth ruling out before you spend a bunch of time on something else.

The built-in Windows memory test works ok, Memtest+ works better. If it comes back clean then you can have a look at other stuff.
    sock monkey
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/24 00:14:09 (permalink)
    Are you sure you downloaded the correct drivers from Focusrite? This is what is posted on Microsofts site about that error. If so then I would try a USB 2 port. Seems the issue was with USB 3. Always use the same port you used when installing the drivers so f you swap to a USB 2 port, re install the drivers. 

Cause

The most common cause of this bug check is when a file system or driver has a mismatched sequence of calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the Thread->CombinedApcDisable field. The CombinedApcDisable field consists of two separate 16-bit fields: SpecialApcDisable and KernelApcDisable. A negative value of either field indicates that a driver has disabled special or normal APCs (respectively) without re-enabling them. A positive value indicates that a driver has enabled special or normal APCs too many times.

Remarks

This is a kernel internal error. This error occurs on exit from a system call. A possible cause for this bug check is when a file system or driver has a mismatched sequence of system calls to enter or leave guarded or critical regions. For example, each call to KeEnterCriticalRegion must have a matching call to KeLeaveCriticalRegion. If you are developing a driver, you can useStatic Driver Verifier, a static analysis tool available in the Windows Driver Kit, to detect problems in your code before you ship your driver. Run Static Driver Verifier with the CriticalRegions rule to verify that your source code uses these system calls in correct sequence.

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
    Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

sock monkey
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/24 00:18:25 (permalink)
    2i2 USB 2.0 Driver - Windows
    09/04/2014
    Click here for more details:USB2.0 Driver – Win(2.5.1)
    Fixes:
    • Fixes the cause of some blue screens when connecting to/disconnecting from USB 3.0 ports on certain systems
    • Fixes a problem where some users were unable to open the ASIO driver in their DAW
    Tested with:
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8

dangars
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/24 06:05:18 (permalink)
    I will have a butchers with some of these suggestions and will report back.

Asus all in one, 8gb memory,1tb hdd,AMD A6 Elite, Sonar platinum,Focusrite scarlett 2i2 . Axes: Epiphones, Les Paul standard, 56 gold top, LP studio deluxe, fender telecaster paisley reissue, Ibanez ax, an old strat,epiphone el-00 pro, epiphone union jack outfit sheraton. Bass:My wifes sg bass Amps: Laney TF200, Marshall valvestate vs100, orange tiny terror Pedals: a small collection. Alesis Q25
    dangars
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/24 07:17:50 (permalink)
    OKay so I have un-installed all the drivers check the website downloaded the correct drivers and it still not working keeps saying Audio device is disconnecting and then it brings up the AMD vision engine which is showing it's connected.

I installed the device on the using the same usb port and am still getting crashes.

dangars
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/24 17:07:30 (permalink)
    Problem solved plugged it into a hidden port thats meant to be for charging usb devices turns out to be a usb 2.0 port.

I can be a clut sometimes!!

Thanks for all the help though.

Kind regards

Stuart

sock monkey
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/24 20:13:37 (permalink)
    USB ports are now colour coded and we need to pay attention with audio devices. 

Blue is a USB 3.0 port 
    Yellow is a charging port and always on,  it is also normally USB  2. Don't use for audio devices. Some laptops use a Lightning bolt. 
    Black or White are standard USB 2.0 or older. 
    post edited by sock monkey - 2014/08/24 20:39:25

dangars
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/26 09:20:48 (permalink)
    I can't seem to find any other usb ports on this system there are 4 usb 3 ports and then just the one usb 2 charging port  which seems to be the only one that doesn't cause my interface to turn on and off or crash my system.

dwardzala
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1470
    Re: Need help again interface issue 2014/08/26 15:12:38 (permalink)
    Make sure your power management settings are turned off as well, so that the USB ports don't get deactivated.

Dave
    Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
    MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
    Win10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
    M-Box Mini v. 2
    Win 10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
    https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1